Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2006, 03:01 AM   #1
Montana_812
Established Member

M.O.C. #812
Question re: resale...

Hi, out there,
I have been attempting to sell my nearly new 2004 Montana 5th model 2955RL for almost a year. Since my husband's death, I have no interest in going alone.
Problem. Dealer says that book price is over 30,000 for mine in great condition. I have a shark on my tail offering 18,000.!! I am offended, but he's the only person to look at it in one year. Any suggestions on how to handle this buyer??
He thinks he has a poor old widow lady that doesn't know anything. I do know book value!
Thanks for any help.
avonjan

Montana_812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:36 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
NADA list Low retail 23,010 high retail 27,720 But the price is more determined by what the market will bear in your area. Ye Gods..I just looked at where you live, Avon, Ohio. I am in N. Ridgeville , we can't be more than 5 miles apart Give me a PM, Just click on my screen name and give me a E mail or a PM. We will attempt to help you out...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:13 AM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
avonjan, you hang tough! I don't know why some men think that women don't have brains...I remember when we had a new 1 ton truck and a new camper. When you put the camper on the truck it squated more then it should have. I would take it to the dealer because my husband worked. They would tell me that I didn't know what I was talking about. I would tell them I didn't know who the thought they were but that I DID know what I was talking about. After almost 3 months of going back and forth, I called the GM and told him about the problem. He couldn't believe his service center would put me off like that...It turns out that 3 of the leaf springs were faulty. It was also on 20/20 and at the same time I discovered that the rear wheels would fall off for no reason.....Gave them back the truck!!!!!Can you say LEMON??? You don't give an inch. If you have the time the right person will come along.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:19 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Well, I think you are right. Shark is a very nice word for him, maybe overly nice. How about robber, trying to rob a widow. Maybe this post will help generate some interest. Hope you are able to move it soon.

As far as the pesky buyer, just say come up with $xxx or don't call me. $xxx is my bottom line so meet it or beat it.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:16 AM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
avonjan,
Dont let someone like that guy take advantage of you. I hope Rich will be able to lend some assistance, if not see about getting your dealer involved. I know my dealership takes rigs on their lot and will sell them for you for a percentage of the sale. Might be worth looking into that where the dealer is going to get more foot traffic than you selling alone. Stand tough! The right buyer is out there, just might take some time...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #6
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We had our previous 5th wheel on the dealer's lot for over a year without a sale. They jacked up the price on us even when we lowered what we wanted for it. In January we went and got it, relocated it a consignment lot/RV service center, and the first weekend it quit raining it sold for the price we asked. You have to ask around and see who moves the RVs. Some lots are more like storage facilities.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #7
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
wow now that is down right rude of him! I would just tell him that is not the price you had in mind and if he'd like to offer another price fine ..if not tell him nada ...goodbye! I am sure you can get more for it even if you have to go through a dealer. Good Luck and I hope you get a fair price.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:10 AM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Avonjan, If Rich and Helen are offering to lend a hand, you cannot be more fortunate than that! Rich is a "make things happen" kind of guy. I would SERIOUSLY consider taking him up on his offer to help. It will be a huge weight off your shoulders, at a time when you need it the most. He will make sure you are not taken advantage of.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #9
Montana_812
Established Member

M.O.C. #812
To all who have replied. Thank you for caring. I really appreciate the input. avonjan
Montana_812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:42 PM   #10
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
I agree with everyone else, I just bought that same unit last Fall and would have certainly considered a nice used one if I could have located one locally. That is WAY under the value and you can certainly get more for it. I hope Rich can help you out too.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Jan..we have someone interested in your camper,,sent you a PM and E mail address.We would be happy to act as a go between or offer any assistance that we can..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote