Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2021, 03:34 PM   #1
opel0697
Established Member

M.O.C. #23628
Grey Tank valve opens but nothing comes out!

I got my 2020 MC HC 384BR out for the first time this year for the memorial day weekend. Upon leaving the sight yesterday, I went to the dump station on the way out of the park. The black tank opened and emptied fine, the galley grey tank and emptied fine, but the shower/bathroom grey tank handle opened at the convenience center but no fluids ever came out. I moved it in and out several times, although very difficult to move, but no fluid ever came out. I had to leave and head home with a 2/3 fill grey tank because it was a line at the station and I was holding it up.

Before I start to troubleshoot and open up basement walls or under-skirtting I wanted to get on here to see if anyone has had this same issue, and maybe a pointer or two before I get into it deep.

My rig is literally just over 1 year from purchase So I don't think this is covered for warranty work.

I am not sure of the valve cable is not actually opening the valteri valve even though the handle is coming out or maybe a clog situation exist. I wouldn't think a clog would happen under the shower/sink grey tank. As only water, soap, and toothpaste goo that way.

Thanks for any input guys and happy camping!

opel0697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:39 AM   #2
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
IMHO, it sounds more likely that the cable for the valve is detached or slipping and not opening the valve. The only way to access it is to drop some of the coroplast below the gray tank. I have heard a lot about these cables coming loose and/or breaking.
If you remove the wall in the basement just behind the convenience center, you should be able to follow the cable down and get an idea where it attaches and where you need to open the belly.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:30 AM   #3
Pugtracker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12009
Yep,cable I found they used a twisted cable on mine, replace with solid
Pugtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:51 AM   #4
opel0697
Established Member

M.O.C. #23628
Turns out after traveling home, and I checked the black tank to realize it never fully dumped because it was clogged at the dumpsite. The nasty bulge came out and was waiting as soon as I opened the valve cover. After that emptied the grey tank dumped as it is supposed to. Thanks for the reply.
2 WEN 3800 INVERTER GENERATORS
opel0697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 04:03 AM   #5
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Danny, I'm glad it was just a blockage and not the cable. Much easier fix. BTW, we added a twist on Valterra valve at the outlet for exactly that problem. I got tired of opening the sewer cap and having some residual black or gray water dumping out.
Here's what I put on the outlet...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote