Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2019, 02:13 PM   #1
ReneT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17288
My rear stabilizer jacks stopped working.

I lived in my 2011 Montana High Country Model 343RL for the last 6 months. I went to raise the rear stabilizer jacks the other day and nothing happened. Anyone know if there is a fuse someplace and where it is?
I was able to partially disassemble it and tie it up and out of the way in order to get back on the road. Now I need to fix it.

ReneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Rene-- where were you parked for the 6 months? Are there any little critters around where you were parked? If so, you might check the wiring to the motors that power the rear stabilizers and see if they citters may have chewed through the insulation on the wiring and the wires. This has been known to happen and even on trucks that have been sitting for awhile. Since I have the level-up system I can't give you an answer to your question on any fuse. Let us know if you find out the answer and I'll be watching for further posts here also. Good luck!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
The motors on those frequently went bad over time. There is a flange on the end to crank them up manually and I got a bit for my impact driver at an RV dealer that I used until we traded the rig.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:09 PM   #4
ReneT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Rene-- where were you parked for the 6 months? Are there any little critters around where you were parked? If so, you might check the wiring to the motors that power the rear stabilizers and see if they citters may have chewed through the insulation on the wiring and the wires. This has been known to happen and even on trucks that have been sitting for awhile. Since I have the level-up system I can't give you an answer to your question on any fuse. Let us know if you find out the answer and I'll be watching for further posts here also. Good luck!
I will check that out when I get a chance. It's been raining here nearly every day.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #5
ReneT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17288
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
The motors on those frequently went bad over time. There is a flange on the end to crank them up manually and I got a bit for my impact driver at an RV dealer that I used until we traded the rig.
Yes I know. I had one fail 4 years ago. I took it apart and found that one of the springs which push one of the brushes, had rusted away completely. At the time, I ordered a new motor. I took the bad one apart and replaced the spring with a spring from a ball point pen. If my motor is bad, I'll install that one.
I did try the crank and sheared off the pin. Another thing which needs fixing.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:17 PM   #6
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
i assume you are talking about the electric leg system. when we had that type of back legs ours went bad almost immediatedly.

check you electric and you'll probably find that it is the motor.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote