Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Reaching out to Keystone RV on social media

Interesting (and highly discouraging) to read about the many issues people are having with their Montanas.

Anybody tried posting a comment on the Keystone RV Facebook page to get their attention?

I have found social media to be a useful tool in getting companies to respond to problems because of their concern about negative feedback being seen by lots of potential customers. Just a thought...

However, it seems like Keystone has the negative comment "filters" in full force and will only allow positive feedback so good luck with that...

Sometimes ya gotta "rattle some cages" to get people's attention!

Old 06-22-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
One does not rattle cages on on public forums.Keystone does read the forum but will not reply. There is plenty of Negative feed back here. Rattle the cage with Keystone.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #3
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Don't forget there are thousands of Keystone products on the road and the only thing you will hear on the forums are things that don't work or are broken. There are many folks that make trip after trip without a problem...but you don't read about them here. Nobody says, "I just made a 3,000 mile trip and everything was fine." But you will hear about it if somebody made a 50 mile trip and something broke or did not work.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:03 PM   #4
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLightning View Post
Don't forget there are thousands of Keystone products on the road and the only thing you will hear on the forums are things that don't work or are broken. There are many folks that make trip after trip without a problem...but you don't read about them here. Nobody says, "I just made a 3,000 mile trip and everything was fine." But you will hear about it if somebody made a 50 mile trip and something broke or did not work.
I put over 18,000 miles on a 2016 Cougar 303rls. Only 1 problem, the furnace that Atwood took care of. About 13,000 on our 2017 Montana HC. Other than window blinds being junk (8 replaced under warranty) some cosmetic issues CW took care of under warranty. I did replace the crappy Thetford with a Dometic 320 before it had a chance to create a problem. Both 5ers had tires upgraded within 50 miles of the dealer when new. I've had umpteen trailers and these 2 are the best~~ so far.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:38 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If you want to be heard and make points with Keystone you need to go to the national Rally. Complaints we've made there have made a difference, ideas have shown up in rigs in a couple of years and they have even stolen some of our mods and used them in new Monty's.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:27 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have had two Montana's since 2006.We live in them most of the year(execpt this year) and have done over 100K miles. We had several problems most minor build quality issues we self repaired and a few in our opinion major. Never had problem with service OEM warranty or Extended warranty. W do have the advantage of living less than 300 miles from Elkhart/Goshen and we have attended every National rally since 2006.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:11 AM   #7
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
We are on our third Keystone unit two Mountineers and our current Montana. Only one major problem the frig quit on the Montana while we were still at the sales lot. The dealer pulled a new one out of another rig and swapped ours out. Other then that no problems that I could not fix.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:27 AM   #8
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
We have had two Montana's since 2006.We live in them most of the year(execpt this year) and have done over 100K miles. We had several problems most minor build quality issues we self repaired and a few in our opinion major. Never had problem with service OEM warranty or Extended warranty. W do have the advantage of living less than 300 miles from Elkhart/Goshen and we have attended every National rally since 2006.
We are in the same category. Except for some serious issues in the first six months with our 2015 which were all taken care of by our dealer/keystone in a timely manner, all four of our Montana units have been basically trouble free except for occasional burps which we normally take care of ourselves. That usage includes six years of fulltiming, and this winter our 12th 6 month snowbird season in Florida. We are being tempted by another brand, although in a higher price range, but have been more than happy overall with our Montana units; will state Keystone Customer Service aint what it used to be.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:48 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
will state Keystone Customer Service aint what it used to be" It appears that it is not although we used them in April of this year when we had a serious breakdown on The
Florida TPK on our way back from Florida.I that case they were very helpful in locating the nearest dealer that had the parts to repair and Mobil repair service. They told us not to chance moving the Montana ( we were in a Weight Station) and offered to verify with the extended warranty company that it could not be moved. Execpt for the fall rally every year we have not used them much with this 13 3402
Old 06-23-2018, 12:05 PM   #10
Jersey Devil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20374
For the fortunate consumer that purshased a good reliable rv that was built by a quality employee that particular day,week or month that’s good to hear.That’s how it should be but apparently the quality control at Keystone and the quality of some employees there lack accountability.
As for the dealerships it’s hit and miss depending on the throw of the dice.Keystone should have some requirements and guarantee that their dealers make the customer comes first.They have become like the average auto dealer that can’t do enough to get you in the door and seal the deal.From that day on they pass on complaints and issues to Keystone or companies that make the accessories.The RV business lacks consumer protection and should be looked into.
For one there should be RV lemon laws in every state for the money they demand and we pay.
Longer warranties and accountability regarding the products they sell should be priority.
Jersey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #11
packnrat
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21805
sad. but just read how thor/keyston, did not make enougth ( LOST) money in the stock market.
so they plan on no longer making the montana line a "qualty" unit.. aka going to start using cheaper mtrl and lower grade parts. ( is that even possable?).
i hope not,as i like the line. just money says i have to put off buying a unit. so if they go cheap. then thor-keystone, loses another sale, as i will be forced to buy another brand. to try and find a good live in unit,

do they ever read these postings?
do they even care?
packnrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #12
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by packnrat View Post
sad. but just read how thor/keyston, did not make enougth ( LOST) money in the stock market.
so they plan on no longer making the montana line a "qualty" unit.. aka going to start using cheaper mtrl and lower grade parts. ( is that even possable?).
i hope not,as i like the line. just money says i have to put off buying a unit. so if they go cheap. then thor-keystone, loses another sale, as i will be forced to buy another brand. to try and find a good live in unit,

do they ever read these postings?
do they even care?
Yes they read some. Mostly just for giggles most of the time but once in a while they actually consider something ~~~ for 5 seconds.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:28 PM   #13
packnrat
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21805
not sure of the source. but i think they did reply to me.
there link gos to a "log in page".
need to check it out.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:58 PM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have toured the Montana assembly line every fall rally since 2006. That would be 12 times. We have not seen any thing different on the Montana Assembly line or any other assembly line and we have toured most of them.

I would suggest that everyone tour one of the other plants as we are in the middle of many of them particularity the first timers. Make sure you do the lippert tour, the mor ryde tour. Talk to all the keystone management who are at the rally When at the service center tour meet and talk to the folks who answer the phone when you call the center. This is the opportunity for a huge education on how the RV industry works. Treddit tire seminar is a do not miss seminar .They provide I think all the tires for the Montana and may be all of Keystone. Very educational.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #15
packnrat
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21805
not keystone. some how a socialweb site got in this.

the rally sounds good. when is the west coast rally?
at this time travel east of kansas is not good for me.
maybe in a year or two.
my truck is in the shop, big $$$. killing me.
still having to work. so limited travel time.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #16
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Noticed on an investment website that Thor industries said they intend to address the issues from the tariff mess by cutting some of the extras in their rigs. Montana was not singled out.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:50 PM   #17
packnrat
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21805
true.
just this is a montana site. so was only referencing such.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:52 PM   #18
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
Noticed on an investment website that Thor industries said they intend to address the issues from the tariff mess by cutting some of the extras in their rigs. Montana was not singled out.
The estimate on steel and aluminum on a car was $45 - $55. Probably about the same on a towable.