Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2003, 10:16 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Eliminated awning strap banging noise

I don't know about y'all but we sure got tired of the awning strap banging against the side of the Montana in the wind, especially when trying to get to sleep.

A few weeks ago I tried something and it has eliminated this problem. I had some leftover foam pipe insulation, the straight tube type. Mine was for 3/4 inch pipe but smaller would work as well. I cut a chunk off the end, the width of the awning strap. I believe that was about one inch. I then lined the inside of that chunk of tube with those heavy duty double-sided tape, the kind for heavy objects, like mirrors. Mine are 1x1 inch squares, a perfect fit. I then pressed the awning strap loop against the tape. This keeps the awning loop open and the foam cushions the strap against banging against the side of the Montana. This picture is very small, just 8k, so I'm going to go ahead and link it to display here. By the way, those are water drops on the strap loop. Just finished washing the Montana.

Steve and Vicki Reigle
'03 F350 SC SB SRW 6.0L PSD AT; '03 3295RK; fulltiming since March '03
http://geocities.com/stevereigle/

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote