Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Mid-Atlantic-Virginia Region
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2004, 02:26 PM   #1
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Local Virginia Rally

Well, someone has to try to start one, so I thought I'd start by asking all 42 MOC members from Virginia, if anyone is interested in starting a Local Virginia Rally ? Don't know how soon or how many will be winterizing their units, however, we could surely start planning now for an early spring rally somewhere in this beautiful State of Virginia.
I am sorry more of you Montana Virginians couldn't have attended our 1st MOC Rally last month, as ya'll surely missed a great time. The proud State of Virginia was represented by 3 MOC members, from Dahlgreen, Richmond, and Williamsburg, repectively.
If any of you MOC Virginians are interested in forming a local Virginia MOC Chapter, please reply on this forum and let's see where we can go with this idea.

On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:36 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
On The Road Again...... good for you! WhoHoo!

We have started one that will probably end up serving Southern Oregon, Northern California, Western Nevada and who ever else wants to be part of it. We are excited and really look forwards to our first get-together in May. We just have to figure out what to call our chapter.

You can never plan to soon for a get-together. Here's wishing you all the success and great times I know you'll have!

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 03:02 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Fantastic Marshall and Rosemary!
Good to see this sort of thing. D and M on the Road out in CA are setting up the same type of thing. We plan to attend and we'd come to VA except it is a bit of a trip. :-) I hope you get a great turnout!

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 03:41 PM   #4
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
We'll be in Va Beach around the 8th or so for maybe 5 days. We plan to stay at the Holiday Travel Park. Anyone going to be around let us know and maybe we could hook up.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 03:59 PM   #5
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
On The Road Again,

Would you like a section of the forum dedicated to your Virgina Rally? If so just click on the link in my signature line and tell me what you would like it titled and I'll add it to the forum.

It's great to see all these Regional Rallies popping up!

We at MOC will do whatever we can to assist you.
Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:15 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Great idea! We don't live in Virginia but have granddaughters there we visit every year. If the timing works out we'd like to attend, if y'all don't mind. If timing doesn't work for us, then maybe another time. Good luck with it!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 01:01 AM   #7
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Steve & Vicki: We would always welcome any MOC member at our local rallies. If and when something materializes for a spring rally, I'll surely have it posted.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:25 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Depending on time and location Lorraine and I may also be able to attend. For this winter and through March we will be tied down here in Florida but after that we have no particular schedule.

Would also like to get to D and M On The Roads rally but that may be a bit further west than we are planning for 2005.
BTW--A suggested name for the Southern Oregon, Northern California, Western Nevada rally.... NOCMOC...Nevada Oregon California Montana Owners Club Just a thought.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:06 AM   #9
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
We would be very interested in going to a Virginia Rally in the spring. Your right about winterizing the RVs. Were off to the Fall Samboree this week and then our camping is over till Feb when we go to Florida for a couple of months. Anything after March 2005. We too enjoyed meeting you and everyone else at the National Montana Rally. A lot of fun (food)was missed by those who did not attend. I would be more than glad to help out. I am just not sure what response we would get from the other members here in VA. I know it is hard for those still working to plan on big events. Possibly starting slow and seeing how many would attend a planned campout somewhere and see how much partisipation you get. I know a couple in our good sam club that own Montanas, but do not own a computer, so information is passed by word of mouth to them.
Ken and Velda
Dahlgren VA
2003 3655FL Montana/Ford F350 Diesel
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by On The Road Again

Well, someone has to try to start one, so I thought I'd start by asking all 42 MOC members from Virginia, if anyone is interested in starting a Local Virginia Rally ? Don't know how soon or how many will be winterizing their units, however, we could surely start planning now for an early spring rally somewhere in this beautiful State of Virginia.
I am sorry more of you Montana Virginians couldn't have attended our 1st MOC Rally last month, as ya'll surely missed a great time. The proud State of Virginia was represented by 3 MOC members, from Dahlgreen, Richmond, and Williamsburg, repectively.
If any of you MOC Virginians are interested in forming a local Virginia MOC Chapter, please reply on this forum and let's see where we can go with this idea.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:35 AM   #10
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
I'd try and make that rally too. It would be great to meet some more people from the club.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:12 AM   #11
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Yes Virgina is very doable for us as well.We live in Philadlephia and its not that far of a drive to meet other members.It would be fun
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:17 PM   #12
Bob and Sheri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #347
We would love to get together again with fellow "Montana Owners"! Spring sounds like a great time. It will give us some time to plan. We've got reservations to spend this weekend at BethPage Resort in Urbanna. This may be our last outing before winterizing. Keep us posted & let us know how we can help.
Bob and Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:03 PM   #13
Little Rascal
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #726
This would be great! We'd love to attend something like this if we can get the time off. We were just camping in Virginia (Waynesboro North 340 Campground) and absolutely LOVE that area. Before we left this weekend, we made our reservations for Memorial Day. Can't wait to get back there. The Campground is VERY clean, the staff is so friendly...we've never had a problem. I'll be watching for more to come.
Little Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:40 AM   #14
Montana_1472
Established Member

M.O.C. #1472
I would welcome a chance to attend a MOC rally in VA. Like many others I was not able to get to the national (new granddaughter). The Spring or Fall timeframe would be very nice in this state. We would support in any way.
Montana_1472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 06:10 AM   #15
Montana_1280
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1280
Spring or Fall would work best for us. We live in central Virginia, so most any where would be ok.
Montana_1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:00 AM   #16
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Thanks to all who have responded to this forum concerning a MOC Virginia Rally. Any suggestion for a place and time frame will be appreciated. Personally, I would think the last 2 weeks of April or 1st or 2nd week of May would be a good time have our rally. I would also suggest a 3/4 day rally since there are probably some MOC members who may have to work. We'll be there no matter what date is decided upon.
Ok, let's get those "thinking caps" on and come up with some ideas.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:38 PM   #17
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
By the time you have your rally, we should be on the downside of cabin fever and would love to come down. Our daughter is moving there for two years, we would love to see some of your state. Since we had never been to any kind of rally, we didn't know what we could do to help. We know a little more now , so if we can help out any from up here in the North, let us know.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 11:36 PM   #18
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Thanks for your response Carol & Chuck. Ya'll are surely more than welcome to attend any rally we are able to schedule, as is any MOC member, no matter where they live. We appreciate your willingness to help-out where needed, and we'll certainly keep that in mind as we get closer to our spring rally. As these next few months go by, I'll surely be wanting some suggestions from everyone as to a date and place. If no suggestions come forth, then I will set it up as soon as we know approximately how many will attend. Next week we're taking our Montana to the mountains of Virginia (New Market) and on up to Lancaster, PA for about a week of camping.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:26 AM   #19
Little Rascal
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #726
I also think that the last weekend in April/beginning of May would be a great time. As for location...I haven't seen an "ugly" part of VA yet! My personal favorite is the Waynesboro N. 340, but we're flexible.
Little Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 02:35 PM   #20
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Just trying to keep some info flowing about our attempt to start a Virginia Spring Rally.
Rosemary and I will be going up to the Shenandoah Valley next Wed and we plan on visiting several campgrounds and discuss with them what they may or may not have available for a MOC Rally. I'm already aware of one excellent campground (Walnut Hills in Staunton, VA) that could definitely handle our group and is only 3 miles off of I-81, however, we will still check out the other ones in that area. There are around 3/4 nicely rated campgrounds close along I-81 that could handle our group,I think, even though at this time we're not sure how many may attend. The other thing we have to decide is what dates do we want to meet, although most replies I've received have mentioned sometime during the last 2 weeks of April.....sounds good to me.
Then we need to decide how many days do we want to have this Rally, 3/4 days, a week, perhaps starting on a Thur and ending on Sunday ?
Anyway, Rosemary and I will be leaving Oct 20th and returning Oct 28th. Since I don't have a laptop (yet) or a modem hook-up while on the road, I'll have to wait until we return to give ya'll further info.
In the meantime, keep those post'ems coming with all those good ideas and suggestions.