Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Georgia RV parks

I thik this is suppose to be in Campgrounds but don't know how to move it now that it is under the Campfire thread! Hoping someone can give me some advice on the following! Anyway, possibly heading for Georgia and have a brother-in-law that lives if Montezuma near Perry. Have any of my fellow Moc'ers stayed at any of these RV parks---- Fair Harbor Rv Park, Perry--- Twin Oaks RV Park, Perry/Elko--- Hillside Bluegrass RV Park, Cochran--- Dixie RV park, Vienna--- Brickyard Plantation Golf Club and RV Park, Americus-- or Piney Woods Lake, Glenwood? If you have, can you give me the +'s or -'s to them. May be going to The Rally in Perry also but don't have a generator so will try to get a reservation at one of the above parks also for that and get a pass for the Rally! Thanks for any help in advance!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We stayed at the Brick Yard last April, very nice park and very friendly. Pretty close to Americus and Andersonville which was where we were headed. Andersonville Prison Memorial is a great Civil War site. Americus had been hit on the 4th of March by a devastating tornado and still had a lot of damage. Nice area... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:34 AM   #3
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Have stayed at fair harbor and twin oaks. I like twin oaks, its about 7 miles south of perry right off I-75
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:23 AM   #4
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Last year we stayed at Fair Harbor in Perry. It was very nice-and also a Passport cg. We would go back there and stay again.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:01 AM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Dave and Betty-- We were down in Montezuma that time when Ameritus (oops!!) Americus got hit by the tornado last March. We did not have the fiver with us that time and glad we didn't. I stood out on the porch of my brother-in-laws house and watched the wind change from five different directions that night all within about 15 minutes. He didn't have a shelter or a basement so we just had to tuff it out! Thanks for the infor on Brickyard. I'm hoping others will post on the other parks also. Thanks to those that have already too!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
Send a message via AIM to rogersuemegan
Twin Oaks is wonderful and the people that own it can't do enough for you. We have had 2 MOC mini rally's there and they were great!
rogersuemegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:29 AM   #7
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
We stayed at Brickyard last Easter. Friendly people, but all you get is H2O, Elec, and sewer. No other amenities if you are into that fancy stuff. Passport America so we only paid 12.50, but to get it you have to make reservations. Call to see if you can get in as they have a 35 person waiting list for winter stays. The golf course is 27 of the nicest holes you can want and walking all day is only $5, that's right $5. On Tuesdays and Fridays they have a happy hour in the shelter with everyone bring treats on Friday. Definitely plan on going back this Spring. If you are lucky Pres Carter will be in Plains as he teaches the Bible lesson in Plains when he is in town. Quite the experience.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:08 AM   #8
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Twin Oaks or Fair Harbor would be good stays. If I recall Fair Harbor is not right at I-75 but a good run from Montezuma to Perry via a good state road. If it's an option you like I believe, but not sure that Fair Harbor has cable TV and the Twin Oaks does not. If you have a satellite dish it's a non-starter. I believe both have internet access or wifi too. Both offer some various club discounts. Passport seems to be the best discount card there. I personally like to visit the rally at Perry rather than stay, especially if it rains...just an opinion. If you have never visited Andersonville, you should try to allow time to visit the cemetary. It's rich in Civil War history. Good luck on your search and trip. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote