Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Was that You???
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Us again: I-5 Southbound @ Jelly's Ferry Rd. exit

Us again. This time the shredded tire is on the driver's side. Southbound I-5 at Jelly's Ferry exit just north of Red Bluff. *heavy sigh*. I'm going inside the Montana for a roadside glass of wine. (I'm not driving).
4 new tires being installed this next week.
Shall we make bets if the remaining tires make it home?

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Margee,
Been there and done that! Not fun. Get those new tires on that rig. Hope you make it home without further drama! Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:25 AM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
We hope there was no damage to the Montana this time and we also hope you made it home without any other incident.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:53 AM   #4
Debbie Asher
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6167
Margee that is terrible, we bought 4 new tires in January for the trailer and just purchased two new tires for the truck. We bought the tires for the trailer from Scwab and the truck tires from Big O. We decided not to get the Goodyear tires for the trailer because we want to get a new trailer.
Debbie Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:31 AM   #5
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
We made it home without a third shredded tire. After we get new tires on, maybe I'll get more adventurous and go further without the hubby. Quartzite? *LOL I'm glad I didn't get talked into going on to 7Feathers as I can just imagine where the rest of those old tires would have blown at.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:17 PM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Margee,
Glad to hear you made it home without further incident. By the way Mary Kay and I were trying to figure out why you had to stand out in the rain on your first flat?

As far as Q goes you just hook that thing up and come on down to Bakersfield. You can park in our driveway and then we can caravan on over to Q. See you later. Dennis
Old 05-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
We are sure glad you guys made it home alright. Now have Santa put on some new tires and you can Boogie on up to Seven Feathers.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #8
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Dennis, we were ONE foot off the traffic lane of I-5 and no way in heck was I going to be a sitting duck in that truck. It felt like we were going to be blown off the road each time a semi passed us, and there were many of them on the road. I felt much safer out of it.

I'd love to go to the "Q" and am seriously thinking of it, with or without my other half. Just got to get some courage pills to drive that far alone. I know I can do it. The furthest I have gone by myself is Reno and then of course I take it to Bodega Bay all the time.

Rich: Seven Feathers starts on the 8th and I fly to Denver on the 15th so that means I'd basically have just a couple of days up there before I would have to go back home.

We ordered new tires today and they will be on this week. *yeehaw!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:10 PM   #9
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Margee,
That would be scary. And you were right in the area where there can be very little shoulder to pull onto. Glad you got out OK. The area near Jelly Belly shouldn't have been as bad. You were not too far from Red Bluff so hope you didn't have to wait too long. Again glad you made it home safely. Later, Dennis.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #10
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Sorry to learn of the second tire problem, but sure glad you made the trip safely overall and we got to spend time with you once again.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote