Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #1
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Arizona Cancealed Weapons Permit (CCW)

I just finished taking my CCW course today (8 hr course). Arizona offers CCW permits for residents and non-residents alike. They have recip. agreements with about 25 states. The course is about 6 hours classroom and 2 hrs. for range and fingerprinting time. The exam at end of course is 20 multiple guess questions, which are all common sense and target shooting consisting of 5 rounds at 5 yds and 5 rounds at 10 yds. The shooting is not timed, so pretty simple. Classes are $65 and permit is $65 good for 5 years. Since many of you carry firearms, if you are in Arizona for a couple of weeks or months, and you are interested in firearms, this is a great opportunity. Had two rvers and a long haul trucker in my class, plus 5 females, aged 29 thru 64, and 8 military guys.

Happy Holidays,
bob

rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Bob,
They honor our permits from home states, don't they? I guess it would be good to familiarize yourself with the specific do's and dont's here....
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:20 AM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
OZZ, go to your home state CCW on the web and check out the states with reciprosity to your permit. In my case I go to www.ohioccw.com and just browse the page till I find what I need. Not all states honor other states permits for legal reasons. There is also a book out on this subject, but since the laws change every year you would have to purchase a new one every twelve months.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:12 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have the ohio. Pa and N.H permits..we are legal in 31 States including Az which is also a open carry state. Our Ohio course was a bit longer. Check out www.packing.org for information and there are links to all the States.. Know the law and Be careful
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #5
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
I use www.packing.org as a source for finding the state website for ccw that I plan on going to. Packing.org is a good site but not up to date all of the time due to many states have just signed or changed agreements. So I would check the state that you plan on going to. For example, Arizona has some interesting carrying in vehicle laws for those of us with ccw permits. For example depending on where you have your cancealed weapon in the frontseat area, and you have a passenger in the front seat who does not have a ccw, you may be violating the law if the passenger can access the concealed weapon, even though you are there thus, the unlicensed passenger must be in the back seat.

bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote