Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Lack of Moc'rs

I don't get it, we are at Gulf Shores State park and there is enough Montana's in here to be considered a rally, I mean just a whole hagle of them and yet only 3 of us are Moc'rs that I know of.

indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sorry we missed you. We left there 1/8 so it's been almost a month. Which moc'ers are you already aware of being there right now?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Same situation when Champ 49 and I were there a couple of months ago.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Maybe 4??? plus at least one SOB.

And, tomorrow that will be back to 3, as IlliTreker is headed to FL.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
No surprise to me...every Montana owner I have come accross while out on the road has not heard of the Club, and many have expressed no interest in joining?????
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
X2 on yet to meet a MOC member on the road. No campground we've been in since we hit New Mexico has had less than 4 Montana's and we passed Monty after Monty on our way to Arizona, but still haven't meet a MOC member. Hard to get those owners we've meet to fully appreciate the value of this group.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
We get that at other campgrounds we go to. When you figure there are only about 5,000 active members and counting how many have left the forum or have SOBs, let's figure less than 10,000, if Montana is the number one selling rig for the past 9 or 10 years, that's 1000s of owners. I had my rig for about 3 years until I sorta ran into the MOC. I'm not surprised others don't want to join. Most are pretty shy and private and don't want to join something that's well established and might feel intimidated. Or don't like to talk about themselves or their problems, or hear about others.

I often wonder why Montana Sales departments don't mention the forum, but if they don't have to work as hard, then why not. I'm always trying to learn something new and that's mostly why I joined. So far, the camaraderie in the forum is a bonus but it's the problem solving that has been very educational. It's given me great comfort as an owner but enough knowledge to know I've got a lot more to learn and I'm not intimidated any longer!

We all live and learn at our own pace.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
For awhile they put the address of this forum in the brochures. Maybe they still do. I haven't seen a new brochure in a few years.

We've had a few situations where we met a moc'er in an rv park and didn't already know they were there. At Mountain Meadow in Hungry Horse, MT, we met 5 MOC couples when we spent a month there back in 2005. Four of those couples are good friends to this day. We've been to the homes of two of them already this year (in January) and next month will have lunch with another of those couples.

So, it can happen. Just not as often as we'd think it would.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
I was just thinking of this very issue this morning. During the last year, I mentioned this site to at least 4 Montana owners. Not a one signed up as I was checking for months and finally gave up. They don't know what they are missing!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Many people obviously have other things they want to spend their time on. They don't like the idea of clubs, they are tired of standing in lines, etc. They don't want to pay dues (yea, we know, there are none, but, they won't believe it).

CountryGuy and I have heard so many excuses you cannot believe it.

As bullroc3 so eloquently states: "They don't know what they are missing!!"
Old 02-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #11
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
I have my MOC decal (as below) on one of my slides at the front so that when the slide is open, anyone walking or driving by can easily see it. I also have one on the back of the trailer. So far only one comment and that from a non-member. If every active member had one in a similar position, I'm fairly sure that the word would spread.
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
We are on the second decal, the first faded away from the sun! LOL Have another in case same sun does same thing another time.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We have one of those decals under the overhang, next to a locker door. Another is on the rear cap. And another on the truck's rear bumper. And we have the moc hitch cover on the 2-inch hitch receptacle below the rear bumper of the truck. Only once has anyone commented about any of those moc advertisements. And that was a non-moc'er we knew from the Kansas City area who recognized our truck in a Yuma, AZ parking lot and confirmed based on that sticker and our SD plates.