Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2007, 02:44 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Outlets added to Montana

I have compiled the wiring outlets we added, I have a bathroom outlet not on the following, as well as an outlet in the closet I don't have pictures of. It's just a lot of wire fishing and labor.
I have the 220 dryer, so I used that 20 amp breaker, as well as an added 20 Amp breaker. The coffee machine runs off the microwave's power. We can microwave Grits on high power and make coffee and the breaker holds. The bathroom outlet is powered by the GFI on the other side of the wall by the sink. The bed outlet has a long cord that retracts and rolls out with the bed slide.
Outlets added:
Outlet For wiring direct to 20 amp service on power pole:
Another
Removed to fish wires down wall
Added Outlet coupled to heater 20 amp power supply
Outlet under bed supplying bed frame and outside under overhang by hitch
Outlet on bed frame
Same, electric blanket power
Charging station outlets for cordless drills in basement
Outside outlet
Weather proof outlet
Coffee machine outlet
Outlet installed

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:24 AM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
OZZ, with all those outlets, you need to replace the 50 amp plug with a 100 amp plug. Oh ya that right the camp grounds don't have 100 amp outlets. You better parellel two 50 amp outlets.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:26 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
He, he.....MORE POWER!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Ozz,
I am still curious to find out how you even have time to enjoy that coach? You are always busy modifying something on that baby...lol!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:58 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Thanks Ozz,
Now I know why I called another post Preliminary Final Winter Additions!!!! I forgot until last night that I wanted to add an outlet in the basement (Mine missed it being standard by two months), as well as another coax cable hookup there. I will wait to edit the list though, I am sure other projects will have to be added also based on constant forum input. Whenever I get into this, I will definitely be posting for some more detailed assistance, electrician I am not, but I can follow instructions, and I will make sure I stay at a Holiday Inn Express the night before.....NOT.....unless I rename the Montana that is.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Montana Sky, I find time to be a bum, trust me! (Just ask Sue...)
Bingo, it's always something, I sat in the reclining love seat the other day, one side seemed broken down, we looked at new ones....OUCH! $890 for a nice one. SO,.... I tore the thing apart, fixed the spring do dads, and Sue is sewing a new foam cushion support PC. I'll post pictures.
We will help you in any way we can on the Sparky stuff....
Good one about Holiday Inn.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:47 PM   #7
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sky

Ozz,
I am still curious to find out how you even have time to enjoy that coach? You are always busy modifying something on that baby...lol!
I think this is how he enjoys himself...I bet he's up at daylight bummed out 'cause he can't make noise yet.
...now how would I know that...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:01 AM   #8
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
I bet that after working your whole life, it takes a while before you can sit, stare & go brain dead for hours at a time. Especially if you are half hyper like I am. But I sure can do it now on weekends in the 5er for a couple days straight.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Mike, just another good thing about the 5er's!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #10
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Everyone!!!!! I know the fabled """OZZ"""". The only concern I have, is if he obtains the MISSILE CODES from me in a weak moment, hooks wire's to it and does a LAUNCH. HA HA HE can't do that cause I gave MUDCHIEF the second key.
You have to understand OZZ, his mother never gave him enough OAT MEAL as a youth, and since then he has been wireing up and bolting down things!!!!! Sue is doing her level best to control this OZZ GUY - Heaven help us, if he gets some extra wire's or a switch. The Man goes off.......... AND OH MY GOD,FORD SCREWED UP and allowed HIM to purchase something this powerful.....gave him the KEYS and said enjoy the ride...OH MY GOD WATCH OUT............... i haven't got on the highway since I found out our """OZ""" was LOOSE with a 6.4.................Is the world ready.......
Hope to see you all in BRANSON MAY 2008
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:48 AM   #11
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Was in KC Friday night and Saturday -- Ozz must have plugged in his rig - the lights kept dimming in the home we were visiting!!!!!
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:08 AM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Skypilot, I wish we could have met, We took Sue and Ed Rowe to Harrah's and donated some $$ to the management. Got some eats there, and Had a great time. Dennis and Linda; Mudchief, came as well.