Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2007, 10:31 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
And now an RVing friend passes on..

First my Father-in-law, than my brother and now an RVing friend has passed on.

I struck a friendship up with a couple of full timers this summer. Becky and Terry stayed in their Cedar Creek 5th wheel directly across from Lorraine and I here at Avalon. Most every morning Terry and I would have a cup of coffee together and solve the world problems. Had he had a Monty he would have been a great MOCer and I was working on that.

Terry, age 63, had just retired from his accounting business. He had recently sold his half of the business to his partner but stayed on to help through the transition period and the upcoming tax season.

Terry had been complaining of back pains and apparently poor circulation in his right hand. He wore glove on his right hand because it would get so cold. For whatever reason Terry had no health insurance and in his opinion the pain was bearable and so he was delaying the cost of a doctors visit until he reached age 65 and Medicare. Age 65 was still 2 years away but he was stubborn and stood his ground.

Terry and Becky were one of the 3 couples that I mentioned in an earlier thread that bought a site at Wilderness Park near Ocala, FL Their intention was to summer in Wilderness Park and winter here here at Avalon.

Their daughter, who lives here in Largo, was married on New Years and insisted that Mom and Dad accompany them on their honeymoon cruise to Panama. While on the cruise Terry suffered a stomach aneurysm and passed away in a Panama hospital. He was a good friend and will be sorely missed.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:07 PM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
What a shame Glenn. That's really tough on the family. I am sorry that we won't get to meet him.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:24 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We are so sorry to hear of the loss of your good friend, Glenn. His story reflects the important need for all of us to not ignore the signs that our bodies give us. How sad for his family.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #4
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Our thoughts are with you - we wish you comfort and peace -
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #5
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Glenn, I too am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I can tell from your post he was a good man, whose friendship you valued a great deal. People like that don't come along everyday, and it's pretty hard to take when they pass on. I know you will miss him. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:47 AM   #6
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I am sorry Glenn, You and Lorraine have had a heart breaking year with loses... I think it make's a person set back and think about making EVERY DAY COUNT!!!
There are quite a few of us ( I am including myself) that make a mountain out of a mole hill. Time is short on and THIS IS NOT A DRESS REHERSAL so to speak. We have to make each and every day count for something and try to finish with a smile on our face. Safe Travels my FRIENDS John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:17 AM   #7
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
So sorry to hear of the families loss. Losing a great friend is just as hard as losing a direct family member. Hopefully the rest of 2007 will be kinder to you.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:36 AM   #8
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We are so sorry for the loss of your friend. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you both for both this and your other recent losses.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #9
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Glenn and Lorraine, Sorry to hear of your losses this year. Seems a young age to meet our maker.

As Judy stated above, it is imperative that we listen to our bodies and take control of our health and NOT leave it to someone else. Being a life long medic, I have seen many men sluff off "little" probs that turn into bigger ones thru neglect. I do not encourage hypochondriasm, but the worst thing many of us do is wait until something is unbearable to get it checked. I think that is why the incidence of heart attack is so great. WE ALL NEED TO WATCH FOR THE SIGNS OF IMPENDING DISASTER. Off soap box now. You would think I sold health insurance or worked in dr's office still. I do not.

Glenn, take comfort in the knowledge you had spent time with this friend of yours before his passing. You both are probably better men for it.

Phil P.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #10
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Glen I am so sorry to hear you have to endure another passing. Like we were talking last month it is hard to see good people go but it makes them that much more special in memory.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:47 PM   #11
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Glenn and Lorraine, so sorry to hear of your friend passing. Our prayers are with you.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #12
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Glen & Lorraine, we are saddened to hear of another loss in your lives. It is one of the few things in life that never gets easier, but of course is inevitable for everyone. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #13
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Glenn, your post makes me think that Terry was fortunate to have you as a friend and one of my favorite sayings is, "any day above ground is a good day" None of us are here for a long time and there is nothing to say that Terry's life would have been longer if he had seeked medical attention.Who knows?
We really don't know what day will be our last, due to accident or sickness but we do want to make the time we spend with our loved ones and friends to be quality time and I truly believe when the body dies, the spirit lives.
God bless your friend Terry and God bless you and thanks for sharing.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote