Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2006, 04:40 AM   #1
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
New Dish

Well Monday and Tuesday were warranty and toy day for the Tana. Got the new fireplace in Monday, along with a rechargable flashlight that works. Tuesday got the new Tracvision R4 sate. dish installed. It sure is nice to turn the power switch on and let the gyro do the work to link up with the sate.. It works great, especially having a receiver in the bedroom and the living room. Pricey, but since we spend over 50% of the time in the Tana, it is a nice addition. The new fireplace sure was nice when it got down to 32 last nice. Now tomorrow we add the transfer flow toolbox/tank to the TV, and should be good to go. thinking about the remote for the various motors, but I think Barb has figured I have gone over budget for my Christmas toys already.

bob

PS: Will still hang on to the tripod dish for those pesky trees..

rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:09 AM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Bob,

I am very interested in your opinion on the KVH Tracvision. Please let me know what you think of it and how well it works for you in the months ahead. I am looking forward to hearing how the install of your new fuel tank/box goes. I would sure like to have the additional fuel tank in my truck as well.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Dave, the new dish is really great so far. It is nice to have two receivers in case you want to watch two different programs at one time. I was impressed with the demo at the CW service areead, and thenI was even more impressed when I towed my Tana back to my rv site, and instantly got locked into a great picture. It sure beat messing around with the tripod dish. will keep you posted as I go from Tucson to Alabama in the next few weeks. will also let you know how the aux. tank goes. I am having it installed at a local auto shop, since I have been busy taking care of my deceased Dad's affairs. I am looking forward to that extra 30 gals of diesel. today I found a gas station that had diesel at .259, compared to everybody else who was at 2.75 - 2.89. I am hoping that the station still has the cheaper diesel when I get my truck back tomorrow afternoon. Take care and have a happy holiday.

bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote