Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2020, 06:58 AM   #1
hoolie59
Established Member

M.O.C. #21806
Unladen weight info location

Greetings,

I'm trying to find the location of the sticker that indicates my unladen weight (RVIA). I need it to get new plates. I know what it is through the spec sheets from the manufacturer, however, that is not good enough for them. They want to see the actual sticker on my particular rig. Where can this be located? It doesn't appear on the sticker on the outside of the rig. 2015 Montana 3735MK. Thanks much!

hoolie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:58 AM   #2
rollingdownthehighway
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20273
I know what it is through the spec sheets from the manufacturer, however, that is not good enough for them.

Who is them? DOT, DMV, etc? Empty the rig fully and have them weigh it if they really need it. Not sure why the weight depends on your plates
rollingdownthehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:02 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If it's not on the rig on the drivers side front near the control door then someone may have removed it.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:17 AM   #4
hoolie59
Established Member

M.O.C. #21806
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingdownthehighway View Post
I know what it is through the spec sheets from the manufacturer, however, that is not good enough for them.

Who is them? DOT, DMV, etc? Empty the rig fully and have them weigh it if they really need it. Not sure why the weight depends on your plates
"Them" being SD DMV. I fully understand that I can empty my rig and weigh. However, I'm a fulltimer, workcamping in the SoCal desert area. Easier said then done to empty a very full camper. I'm just looking for easiest solution first. Hoping someone with the same rig may have found the info in their camper. Thanks for your response!
Old 01-23-2020, 08:24 AM   #5
hoolie59
Established Member

M.O.C. #21806
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
If it's not on the rig on the drivers side front near the control door then someone may have removed it.

The information plate is located by the control door, however it only shows GVWR and GAWR.
Thanks for your response!
Old 01-23-2020, 09:34 AM   #6
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
The sticker by the propane door on the drivers side is all I have. I also have duplicate sticker information on the inside of the screen door at the bottom. Some rigs have the information duplicated inside the kitchen cabinets on the door or the back wall.
prndl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:07 AM   #7
hoolie59
Established Member

M.O.C. #21806
Quote:
Originally Posted by prndl View Post
The sticker by the propane door on the drivers side is all I have. I also have duplicate sticker information on the inside of the screen door at the bottom. Some rigs have the information duplicated inside the kitchen cabinets on the door or the back wall.
Score! Found the one inside the screen door. I've never noticed it before. It has exactly what I need. I can't thank you enough for your response! Much appreciated!

Marc
Old 01-29-2020, 01:28 PM   #8
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Check inside cupboard doors.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:32 PM   #9
KJT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23367
Mine has additional sticker on entry door jamb.
KJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:57 PM   #10
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoolie59 View Post
Score! Found the one inside the screen door. I've never noticed it before. It has exactly what I need. I can't thank you enough for your response! Much appreciated!

Marc
Those are not the official weights, Just went through it on our last three RV including our Current Montana when Licensing. EVERY RV is weighed at the factory with the specific options on it. That weight is then filed at Keystone, a simple phone call to them they will release that info as well as a list of options yours shipped with. I called they emailed it to me. They scale EVERY RV for shipping reasons which is why they scale each unit.

Now your State Licensing may except it a generic door sticker here in WA I had to have the official documentation with my Vin directly from Keystone to get titled and licensed. They refused to use Published weights they needed actual physical weight documentation.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote