Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2020, 09:57 PM   #1
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
Nokia Rotiiva ATPlus truck tires

Currently have Michelin AT2 tires on the GMC 3500, but have found that the tires are great on dry highways, but perform very poorly in snow and ice, therefore want to make a Change. Reviews are very positive on the Nokia tires, but are not sure how they do when towing a fifth wheel. Would greatly appreciate feedback from members that have tried these tires.

Thank you

DPAM

dpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:19 PM   #2
Mr Pachu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17922
Back in the fall of 2016, my tire dealer recommended the Nokian tires for my 2011 GMC 3500 dually as winter was coming. I then asked him about towing a heavy 5th wheel in the summer with those tires and he replied that they would wear out a lot faster because of the softer rubber tread compound. I stayed with the Michelin M/S2 tires that came on the truck as I don't put many winter miles on the truck.
Mr Pachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:14 PM   #3
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Tires are always a compromise. If you won’t dry road traction or wet weather traction or a quiet or smooth tide you will give up something to get it. What will you give up?
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:38 PM   #4
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
Speaking about compromise - I guess that is what Michelin tires are about - good on dry roads and terrible with snow and ice. However from my research I found hundreds of Nokian tire users that confirm there is no compromise with the Nokian Rotiiva AT plus tire. I got my answer whether they tow well and I received via a number of sources indicate they are a solid tire for towing. The tires are designed and manufactured to Finland specs. I get my Nokian tires installed on Friday.

Thank you for the 2 replies that I received.

Regards,
dpam is offline   Reply With Quote