Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2009, 04:43 AM   #1
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Dometic Refrig Door Clips

When we purchased our 5th wheel it had the best blue clips to hold the refrigerator door open while the unit was in storage. Low and behold we lost one and tried to purchase a replacement at Camping World. The clip they sold did not work as good as the original made by dometic. After e-mailing customer service at Dometic I received the following reply;
"The part number for the card is 3311918.000. You can order the kit using the telephone number listed below.

If you are in need of any Dometic refrigerator or air conditioner or A& E awning parts you can call us at 1-800-544-4881 or purchase from any dealer or Camping World location.

If we can be of any future service do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for choosing Dometic product lines."

Since we are on the road we have not order but am passing this info on as a couple on this form were looking for a part number.
Jim C.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
daneboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4854
Jim,
Another easy way is to place a 12" piece of 3/4" foam pipe insulation in the door opening, so it's between the freezer & refer doors. Then pull a light weight bungy cord throgh the two handels and hook so the doors are held almost closed. It will stay in place going down the road.
Jerry
daneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Jim,

Been looking for those forever - just called the number you gave me - they won't sell them to me. They are only available with new refrigerators and don't sell them as parts.

Unbelievable.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

Jim,

Been looking for those forever - just called the number you gave me - they won't sell them to me. They are only available with new refrigerators and don't sell them as parts.

Unbelievable.

That kind of thing bugs me too! Usually, you need a 10 cent part to fix something, and they say, "You have to buy the complete assembly for $XX.xx to get that piece." And you know damned well that they have a crapload of just the piece that you need sitting in a box somewhere that they will throw in the dumpster come inventory time.

Some companies treat their customers right and will send small parts to you for free, and some companies could care less. Glad I have a Norcold, but who knows what they are like. Could be the same as Dometic I suppose.

Customer Service ain't what it used to be anymore. I don't know how some of these outfits stay in business, with their "screw you" attitude.

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Sounds like a follow-on email might be necessary to Dometic's customer service with both the original message and the response when you call the number provided to order the part(s). AND if that doesn't work follow-up with an email/letter to the corporate "big wigs" (usually listed on the corporate website).

Doug was having "no joy" with return phone calls/emails from the manager at the Seffner (Tampa) Camping World after we were told while the satellite system had been installed successfully and worked, neither t.v. in the unit worked! The were working the morning he hooked Bella up to Bruto! Somewhat long story short...corporate called Doug, he further explained the situation and what he felt would resolve the problem (replacement of non-functioning t.v.s equal to or better than those in the unit). Within five minutes of hanging up with corporate the local manager "returned" Doug's call/emails and asked him what he could do to resolve the problem and Doug told him. The next day we received a call that one t.v. had been replaced and the other had been repaired (blown fuse) and the unit was read for pick-up! We picked it up on Saturday, goat a "demo" of the satellite system and we checked everything electrical out before taking Bella back home. We were in the shop bays for a couple of hours and Doug observed the technicians putting and pulling the units' power WITHOUT shutting off the circuit breaker to the electrical source....mmmmmhhhhmmmm...do you think MAYBE this could have contributed to an electrical spike? Regardless, it appears that everything is good to go as we spend the night and the majority of Sunday in the unit and "exercised" everything we could as much as we could before buttoning Bella up 'till our next visit.

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
What a bummer. I'll try and reply to the email and see what results I get. Love those clips. Will keep you posted but might have to wait untill I get home in early April.
Jim C.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #7
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
I like the idea of the foam for pipe wrap better than anything as those blue things fall out and the door is swinging and could break off sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote