Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2020, 02:15 PM   #1
Route66Rambler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23433
FMCA Insurance & Roadside Assistance

I was on a SOB owner's forum and found a $35 off discount code for FMCA membership. I see that FMCA offers RV insurance and a roadside assistance plan as well as several other discounts-RV Whisper, Proteng, tires, Sprint/Verizon hotspot plans, etc.

Has anyone else used FMCA for insurance? Do they offer good plans at reasonable prices? Has anyone had to make a claim with this insurance and how did it go? How about the roadside assistance plan-anyone have to use it? How was the service?

The FMCA site says the roadside assistance plan is $129 for towables. Of course a specific quote is needed for insurance.
Mostly I'm wanting to know if these products (or another of the other many discounts) offered through FMCA are worthy of the $50/year (with discount) membership.
TIA!

Route66Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:20 PM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
[QUOTE=Route66Rambler;1184145

The FMCA site says the roadside assistance plan is $129 for towables. Of course a specific quote is needed for insurance.
Mostly I'm wanting to know if these products (or another of the other many discounts) offered through FMCA are worthy of the $50/year (with discount) membership.
TIA![/QUOTE]

I’m sure they are to some people but not for me. How often have your broke down? If you do what would be the cost to get back on the road?
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:12 PM   #3
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
I've had Good Sam Roadside for several years. Although I've never broken down while towing the 5er I have needed to have my car towed a couple times in the last 10 years. They took care of that for me. Is it worth it? Hard to say.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:38 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We've had Coach-net for 10 years of full timing. Needed them twice for tire issues. Once they got us police almost immediately when we were not in a safe place. Once our car got a flat on a Wild Life Refuge that doesn't show on GPS and they did great. We also had a bad electrical issue in Georgia and the mobile repair folks said it would be a week or more. Called Coach-net and they had the same folks there the next morning. They have also been helpful on a couple of other minor occasions. The reason I mention this is that price isn't the determining factor for us, it's service.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote