Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2004, 02:24 PM   #1
nkwist
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #821
GREAT emergency service in ATL on Christmas eve!

I just have to thank these gentlemen publicly.

When we woke up this morning, the temperature was 25F and my furnace had failed! Being away from home and visiting family, we knew that the water lines would freeze tonight and cause BIG problems.

Three dealers said, "Too bad, we can't help you". Jonesboro RV Maintenance Center said, "We don't want to leave anyone stranded, bring it in". They fixed the faulty wiring and had us under way in a very polite and professional manner, and didn't gouge me on the fee.

If you're in the area and need help, call them.

Thank you, gentlemen, and Merry Christmas.

Norm

nkwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 04:24 PM   #2
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Thank you for sharing that information and sorry you had the trouble in the first place. You don't want to be without heat at 25 degrees! Merry Christmas.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 04:24 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059

Thank you for the positive report. It is good to know there are still folks around that will meet special needs.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 06:36 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for the report. The furnace failing in frigid weather is one of my fears. Where is this RV center?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 01:33 PM   #5
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Reading about your heater problem prompts me to post this for all concerned. We went on a trip over Christmas in our previous enjoyed Monty 2955RL. I have recently replaced the analog thermostat with one of the Hunter digital types. Right before we left home I ran out of propane in one of my tanks. This tank was being used for the heater when it ran out of fuel. I took the tank out and went and got it fueled up. When I returned it to the Monty and tried the furnace again, the furnace would not come on. I did the usual thing of getting the air out of the lines by using the burners of the stove. The stove worked fine, but furnace refused to work.

I looked closely at the thermostat and discovered that it has a real tiny hole for resetting the thermostat. After finding something with a point that would fit the tiny hole, I reset it and the furnace re-lit and it worked fine the rest of the trip. I don't have any idea why it poped the resit switch when it ran out of propane, but it seems that that's what happened.

Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 02:58 PM   #6
nkwist
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #821
They are about 10 miles south of the center of Atlanta, just a few blocks off 19/41 in Jonesboro. I don't believe they're a dealer, but rather an independent RV service center (I may be wrong on this). Phone is 770-603-0250.

It may help someone else to know that the problem was in the connections to the furnace. They tested the 12v circuit breakers and power first, and they were OK. Then they pulled the panels to check further and when they wiggled the wiring and plugs, the furnace started right up. They said that the quick connects that are used are prone to fail, so they put wire nuts on all the connections.

fn-

I'm going to check for that reset hole, I may need it someday.

Thanks, Norm
nkwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 04:59 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Norm. We plan on spending a couple of nights at Perry, south of Atlanta, mid to late next week so knowing they are there will be helpful. Just in case.

I'm going to check that reset hole, too. Thanks for the tip, Ray and Judy.

Found the hole. That probably resets the temp swing setting, too, so will check that if I have to use the reset.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote