Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2004, 05:42 PM   #1
Montana_1906

M.O.C. #1906
Which Model?

Any pros or cons with models 3380RL or 3650 RK? Also the Everest models look pretty nice...any feedback? Thanks

Montana_1906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 08:42 PM   #2
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Either Monty looks yummy. Don't know anything about Everest. Happy rving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 09:47 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Well I think this one would be a matter of opinion, so here is my opinion. The 3650RK was my 1st choice for my new coach, the 3400RL being the 2nd. After looking into this floorplan I found a few things that would not work for my needs.
1). The hide a bed opens up and blocks access into the kitchen while someone is sleeping on it. Since I like to sleep in, this would not work well for me as a lake cabin with guests coming over for the weekend.
2). From talking with fellow Rv'ers the common theme is the rear kitchen models tend to take all the bounce behind the second axle leading to cabinets being open or bouncing glass and dishware in travel.
I will say the water closet is the largest in the Montana line I have seen, and the L sofa is great to lay and watch the game on.

As for the 3380RL the only draw back I had seen was the tv is hard to view from driver side recliner chair. I was not really excited about the idea of the tv being able to swing open and closed as I felt it could do the same during travel down the road. Also did like the desk being infront of the kitchen, as it allows someone to sit there and use the internet to log onto the MOC while someone else could be watching tv. By not having the tv right next to the desk as in my 3400RL two seperate people can be doing two seperate things without being in one anothers way. Again these are just my opinions, enjoy making a decision between the two.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 05:59 AM   #4
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
From Steve Riegle back in February:

Tigerp, when we took the factory tour last July we asked where the Everest fits in relation to the Montana. We were told it is neither above nor below the Montana but alongside it. We were told the Montana puts a higher percentage of budget into construction while the Everest puts a higher percentage into eye candy. That does not make the Everest a bad unit. On the contrary, it's a beautiful unit and, in my opinion, fits its owners' needs as well as the Montana fits its owners' needs. If the Everest works best for you, go for it. Keystone is a quality outfit. Good luck.

Steve & Vicki Reigle
'03 3295RK
'03 Ford F350 SC SB SRW 6.0L PSD AT 4x4
Our RV Travels
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 07:36 AM   #5
Go Pokes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1645
The only con I see for either model is that I am no sure you can open the refrigerator without opening the slides. Otherwise either one would be excellent.
Go Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 05:53 AM   #6
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
We have a rear kitchen in our unit and we haven't had any cabinets come open (knock on wood) and I don't see where stuff is bounced around that much. That wouldn't even be a consideration for me.

I LOVE teh 3650RK, we saw one at the camping & RV show back in February and fell in love with it. There are some things that would hold me back from purchasing it though.
1) No place to put a washer and dryer, I'm not putting it in the wardwrobe in the bedroom.
2) You can't get by the hide-a-bed when it's open and people are sleeping.
3) You are only offered the shower, I love my garden tub.
4) And you can't get into the fridge with the slides closed.

I have never seen the 3380 so I can't really comment on that.

We have the 3295RK and just love it. With us and our 2 kids (13 & 5) it's perfect for us.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:29 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We take a few minor precautions to reduce risk of breakage. We've had this rear kitchen model for 25 months including 17 months of fulltiming including trips to both coasts twice (plus). So far we've broken one pyrex dish and that was before we learned to slip a small piece of nonskid between breakable stacked bowls. The rear kitchen models will get more bouncing in the kitchen than their sisters but we're pleased that it's not been a problem for us. So if you like the rear kitchen model I'd not let the fact it's rear kitchen sway you away from it, in my opinion.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote