Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2004, 02:49 PM   #1
Montana_882
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #882
AND YOU THIN YOU HAD A " BAD DAY"

The firs thing that happened today was I locked my keys in my truck and the wife had just left for Mo.with hers.Finally I got it unlocked {found hidden key I forgot about} and hooked up to the fiver.
So I thought,never let any one around when hooking up.I backed in and it should have locked because I had everything set up correctly. Little did I know that my 25 year old son had pulled the locking handle all the way out and locked it that way.
You guess it down it came as I pulled forward thinking it had locked shut.I had already raised the legs and the ONLY thing that kept it off the bed was the generator mount.It landed on the hitch,but not before it bent the in bed box lid and moved the fuel tank forward bending the front head board.
Oh yes I had the tail gate installed for a change and you guessed it that's what kept the unit from comming all the way off the truck.But now I need a new tail gate too.
I know you think that's all but you are wrong ,I then went about 70 miles south to spent the next few days at the beech while my wife is gone. I had just gotten set up when my phone rang and it was my 23 year old son calling from the back of an ambulance.
That's right he was on his way home about 40 miles in the oposite direction and he fell sleep and wrecked.Broke his nose and probably totaled his brand new vehicle that he hasn't made the first payment on.
So brake down and head to hospital and call wife with good news.Thats about 220 miles of pulling this fiver and I still will sleep in the house tonight,not at the beach.
I hope you have had a good day !!!!

Montana_882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 03:08 PM   #2
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
Well as long as everyone is alright. Things happen in threes and You had four so I would guess You are set for a while. As long as the replaceable things get damaged, it stinks but it is something to deal with.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 05:56 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Wow, some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed! Or, put another day, somedays you're the windshield, some days the bug. Glad your son is ok, not seriously injured.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 01:32 AM   #4
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Ernie,

Sorry to hear about your very unpleasant Sunday. I too am happy your son is not seriously injured. I guess this is one time you'll be glad you've been making those insurance payments.

I hope things calm down for you and you do get to the beach soon.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 01:44 AM   #5
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Boy! It sure sounds like a good day to have stayed in bed.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:02 AM   #6
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
What a day!! Sorry to hear of all the bad stuff--but glad that your son is okay. (If his nose is broken he will also probably get two great shiners!) All the things can be replaced, even if it is a kick in the checkbook. Sometimes, the best part of a day is when it's OVER! Hope things look up for you all real soon.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:14 AM   #7
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Ernie, So sorry that you had such a bad day but am so very glad that your son is ok.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:22 AM   #8
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
Well the past 24 hrs has kinda been my day. Yesterday afternoon 1 truck looses fuel pump (luckily wife got home with the horse trailer). So I brought my dump truck up for my wife to take to work today. Baby had us up from 2:30 a.m., 5:30 wife goes outside to leave for work and starter went in dump truck. Time to take tools out of another truck so she can go to work, that one has a dead battery.

Well it's 10:00 a.m. and the fuel pump is at least fixed, it was an electrical problem and not the pump itself. Now to put a starter in on my back in the driveway. Did I mention the severe t-storms and downpours.

Sooner or later it happens to all of us.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:31 PM   #9
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Sorry to hear about your bad day. We have all experienced at least one of them. And are very happy when they are over. Cheer up life will only get better. It's great that no one was badly hurt. Happy rving..
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 04:19 AM   #10
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Ernie, I'm so sorry you had a rotton, no good, very bad day! That sounds like something that would happen to us. Luckily all things are fixable and your son is ok. How is is doing today? What was the out come of his injuries? Was a broken nose the extent of it? Good luck and I hope you get things fixed soon.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by EAGLEONE

The firs thing that happened today was I locked my keys in my truck and the wife had just left for Mo.with hers.Finally I got it unlocked {found hidden key I forgot about} and hooked up to the fiver.
So I thought,never let any one around when hooking up.I backed in and it should have locked because I had everything set up correctly. Little did I know that my 25 year old son had pulled the locking handle all the way out and locked it that way.
You guess it down it came as I pulled forward thinking it had locked shut.I had already raised the legs and the ONLY thing that kept it off the bed was the generator mount.It landed on the hitch,but not before it bent the in bed box lid and moved the fuel tank forward bending the front head board.
Oh yes I had the tail gate installed for a change and you guessed it that's what kept the unit from comming all the way off the truck.But now I need a new tail gate too.
I know you think that's all but you are wrong ,I then went about 70 miles south to spent the next few days at the beech while my wife is gone. I had just gotten set up when my phone rang and it was my 23 year old son calling from the back of an ambulance.
That's right he was on his way home about 40 miles in the oposite direction and he fell sleep and wrecked.Broke his nose and probably totaled his brand new vehicle that he hasn't made the first payment on.
So brake down and head to hospital and call wife with good news.Thats about 220 miles of pulling this fiver and I still will sleep in the house tonight,not at the beach.
I hope you have had a good day !!!!
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 04:22 AM   #11
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Well, it sounds like you didn't have that great of a day either. I'm so happy my youngest child is 5 so the only thing that wakes me up in the night is the dog or cat! And you were going to make your wife drive a dumptruck to work? I think I might just have to call in sick...

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by NJ Hillbilly

Well the past 24 hrs has kinda been my day. Yesterday afternoon 1 truck looses fuel pump (luckily wife got home with the horse trailer). So I brought my dump truck up for my wife to take to work today. Baby had us up from 2:30 a.m., 5:30 wife goes outside to leave for work and starter went in dump truck. Time to take tools out of another truck so she can go to work, that one has a dead battery.

Well it's 10:00 a.m. and the fuel pump is at least fixed, it was an electrical problem and not the pump itself. Now to put a starter in on my back in the driveway. Did I mention the severe t-storms and downpours.

Sooner or later it happens to all of us.

John
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:20 AM   #12
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
Ernie and John, sorry to hear the news, I know I too have had those days, sometimes It seems like its just better to go and hide until the next day and start over.....good luck and Im glad everyone is ok.
Flastro is offline   Reply With Quote