Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
Montana_1237
Established Member

M.O.C. #1237
Hitch

Hey Montana Sky how you doing, I recieved the hitch video and sure sold me. What it really did was me feel a whole lot more comfortable about the short bed. That thing is really neat. I like the way it breaks down for unloading it when not in use. The pins in the bed of the truck that you have to turn a quarter turn is that what you have also. We are going over to wenatchee in a couple of weeks to talk to lloyd on the 3400rl and if the deal is right we be walking away with an order. Well see ya take care and stay in touch Tom n Phyllis.

Montana_1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:37 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Tom n Phyllis,
Great to hear from you again. I have been wondering how things were coming along. I promise you, you wont regret buying the Superglide 16k hitch. I would not have it any other way. I dont have the removeable pins that come out with a quarter turn, I went with the standard base rails that are in for good. I think that one is personal preference. If I might ad my two cents in, call over here to Blue Crick RV in Airway Heights and ask for Brian Weirauch. 1-877-244-5888. Tell him I sent you and get a price quote from him as well. I have bought two coaches from him. This dealership is great to deal with. See if they can beat Lloyds price. I will be in the dealership on 6-16-04 to drop off my coach for some minor adjustments. Ill tell him he might be hearing from you. Keep in touch and let me know how things are coming along. Dave
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 12:41 PM   #3
Montana_1237
Established Member

M.O.C. #1237
Thanks a whole bunch Dave,my wife and I are in the process of writing down everything that we want on the 5'er and I will call and get a fax number from him and one from lloyd so that they will be pricing apples for apples. Sorry I couldn't make it over the hill to see you, I had to make a trip to that guy everybody loves "the dentist" OUCH!!! Also finishing up a deck on my house so it will look more attractive for selling. Thanks again Tom
Montana_1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 10:16 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Tom,
If you have not already picked one up, ask any of the dealers that you have been talking with for the Retail Price Sheet. Make sure it is the one that went effective 3/15/04. This will have all the current up to date info for the 2004 model year. See if they have one for the 05 line yet as well. This is what I used when I had my coach built. Gave me the list of every option of what you can build into your coach. Really comes in handy when trying to decide what to have added and what you might not want. You might even find some stuff on there you did not know was available. You were right on your other post about my upcoming trip. There has been a change in plans, I had found out last week that my Grandmother might have to have open heart surgery next month. After looking at the work schedule I came to realize that I wont have enough time to take the three weeks off for the vaca I had planned and then if this operation has to happen take another two weeks off right after I return home. So I am going to stay in town and take just one week off and save the rest incase I need to use it for family matters. I am peeking into the Sept. month to possibly see about attending the ralley if I have the time left to use up. Will keep you posted. If you make it over here let me know when your coming. Will try to make sure I have that day off. Take care, Dave
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote