Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2004, 03:37 PM   #1
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
Need help with Duramax diesel!

Hi all,

We don't use our Silverado 2500HD Duramax much during the winter. It stays in the garage except for an occasional 50 mile run to shake out the cobwebs.

Today we took it to town and back (20 miles) and it ran fine. Later we were going out again and it started up just fine, ran smoothly for 30 seconds and stopped! No sputtering just stopped as if I turned off the key. It wouldn't start again. No engine or fuel messages on the display. I opened the valve on the bottom of the fuel filter and got a bit of diesel out- no water. I primed the fuel filter it was full. Tried starting again with no luck. I have about a 1/4 tank of fuel. What do I check next?

Also, if I need to get it towed to the dealer (20 miles) is it covered by the Good Sam Emergency Road Service even though I wasn't towing?

Jim & Diane McGill
Chev 2500HD D/A 4x4 Ext Cab
Montana 3350RS
Reese 16k slider, Prodigy

snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote