Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2010, 03:41 AM   #21
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Dave, Welcome to the forum. I'd bet that it is the beginning stages of tread seperation.I had the same thing on a tire, I replaced it before the big bang. Bill

Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:43 AM   #22
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I would agree with those folks that said "bad tire" if alignment was bad then wear would be around circumference of tire not just in one area. "1/3 of outside of one tire" smacks of out of round or tread separation. I had a 34 inch tire on my offroad Jeep did the same thing and it was out of round... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:07 AM   #23
corncob
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8226
Here is a twist I ma experiencing. One rear tire has worn on the inside all the way around and the other is mostly there. However, the front tires seem to be wearing evenly. This has happened in the last 2000 miles or so. The tires are two years old and probably have 15 K miles on them.
I changed to a 2009 Chevy D/A truck this past fall from a 2006 Chevy D/A. When the Montana was purchased new it was aligned with the 2006 truck. The 2009 has 17 in tires and thus sits a bit higher forcing the rear of the Monty down. Supposedly, this equates to having the weight on the rear axle and making the tires wear unevenly.
In discussions with two dealers and an alignment shop, who looked at the trailer, all made the same comment.
So this week, I will replace a couple of tires and have the hitch adjusted to the new truck and make it tow level.
On weight, I have weighted the units together, and the scale ticket reflects at least 2000 pounds until max.
Stay tuned.
corncob is offline   Reply With Quote