Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Backroads
Established Member

M.O.C. #9419
Subscribing to topics

I'm having trouble subscribing to topics. Administrator instructions tells me that each forum shows:
Reply to Topic
Subscribe to this topic
Send Topic to a friend
Printer Friendly

Trouble is that my screen doesn't show the "subscribe to this topic". What did I do wrong? Did I delete something? I want to get back on track but not sure how. Any help?
Thanks

Backroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
When you make a posting, there should be a check box that says "Check here to subscribe to this topic." Place a check mark inside the tiny box just before posting, you should be subscribed for that thread.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Richard, does this page have a Subscribe to this topic?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
Backroads
Established Member

M.O.C. #9419
Dave - No. there was no "subscribe to this topic" shown. When I just hit reply, it still did not show. At once point, I saw something about a board subscription. Not sure if that is the problem.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
The Admins will have to help on this, Richard. I have had this problem myself previously - only with selected topics, though. Not with all of them. RV Wheels or Lady RV should be able to help you.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #6
Backroads
Established Member

M.O.C. #9419
Thank You. Hope it works.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #7
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
If you have selected the subscribe to ENTIRE BOARD then you will not see the subscribe button in each topic.

Unselect the Entire Board and you should see the other Subscribe areas in the other topics.

Good luck.

RVWheels, MOC Admin.
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:40 AM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
That's good to know - thanks, RV Wheels!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:12 AM   #9
Backroads
Established Member

M.O.C. #9419
Thanks RV Wheels. I went into "My Subscriptions" & it does show Board Level so I unsubscribed, then it asked me are you sure, I said yes. But then nothing happens. I would love to just start the whole subscription deal over if I can.
Thanks.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
On mine, this thread shows the subscribe to topic link. Richard and Patricia, are you still not seeing it?

Where are you guys seeing this "My Subscriptions?"
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #11
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Up above, I believe, Steve... My subscriptions are all set to "Forum Level". His is somehow set to "Category Level".
Old 07-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #12
Backroads
Established Member

M.O.C. #9419
Well, I have done everything I know what to do short of calling Bill Gates. I re-booted as RV Wheels told me to. & have unsubscribed at least a dozen times but the system wants to keep me in the Board mode, which does not let me subscribe to any topic level threads. Therefore, I do not get email notified about the threads. I know you all are trying your best, but the tunnel looks pretty dark.
Richard
Old 07-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #13
Backroads
Established Member

M.O.C. #9419
Dave & Cheryl: You are correct! my subscription is set at "category level" rather than "forum Level". If I could get that changed somehow I would be most greatful.
Richard
Old 07-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I am with Steve, where are you seeing this "My Subscriptions"????

I use "Active Topics" rather than subscribing but we have had this problem in the past. Here is a link to a previous thread concerning subscriptions. Perhaps there is something there that will help.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32074&SearchTerms=subscribe

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #15
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Yep, I like Active Topics as well, keeps the email down a few, and that is a very good thing!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #16
Backroads
Established Member

M.O.C. #9419
Carl & Susan: The "My Subscriptions" selection is at the top right, second line, right above the in/out MOC button. When you click on it, you can see what you have subscribed to.

I can see from all the replies, that this has been a problem before. With some members even prefering not to subscribe but rather use active topics to just surf in & out and avoiding the email notification. I guess that is a personal preference.

I don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill, & willing to let the subject die. BUT,,,,if I ever figure this out or RV Wheels guides me to a fix, I'll post.

In the mean time, thank you all & hope we run across each other soon.
Richard
Old 07-07-2009, 03:55 AM   #17
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Richard & Patricia you are doing the right thing by pursuing this. I do use the subscription feature extensively as well as the "Active Topics" link all the time. My subscriptions come through my Outlook program under a secondary email, though. RV Wheels should be back shortly to help.

You can also try to PM him.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:21 AM   #18
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Here is a cut/paste from a previous post.

Problem fixed for me!

Thanks to some persistence and RVWheels help, I now have the buttons for subscriptions. My subscriptions under "my subscriptions" are gone, but they are easily replaced.

On the main board, in the upper right-hand corner, there is a link to "unsubscribe from this board". By clicking on that link, and restarting the MOC forum, it now says, "subscribe to this board", and I now have the "Check here to subscribe to this topic" in all of the places I had it previously.

I understand that the forum does not allow the subscription button on all topics.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #19
Backroads
Established Member

M.O.C. #9419
I am PLEASED to say that RV Wheels came through with the fix for me. He logged on & deleted the board subscription & va-voom, it worked! I now have the "subscribe to this topic" command as I should. I'm not sure if I could fix it myself, but it is sure nice to know there are smart people out there & they are on your side. Thank You.

Dave & Cheryl: Yes I also have a secondary email apart from my main email that only handles MOC traffic. That is why I wanted the email subscription notifications for the active topics.

I should probably trade this computer in for a good fishing pole but for now it's reset thanks to RV Wheels. I will be extra careful not to acknowledge any board subscription if it comes up again.
Richard
Old 07-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #20
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
RV Wheels is the architect and guiding light for this forum. He stays in the background and makes sure the mission statement is adhered to. If you have ever been to any other forums - RV or other - you will really understand when a MOCer says the "this is the best darned forum on the www".