Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2008, 07:24 AM   #1
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
Mission tires-It happened to me

Well I was doing my pre trip tire check I noticed a 1 1/2" crack in the tread of one of my tires. So I pulled off all five and noticed small crackes in all of the tires except for the spare.
I called Tireco and at first they agreed to replace all for of the used tires and since the spare had a different manufacture date they weren't going to replace it. I told them with four cracking I was never going to trust the fifth tire. After talking to the supervisor they agreed to sent out five new ones.
Asked what brand and she couldn't tell me, also asked if I could pay to up grade and they said no.

Well see what we get, can't afford to just throw money away.

Just glad I found the problem in my own driveway.

mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
They will be Freestars if they are G rated and possible Goodyears made in China can't recall the name. Good Luck.. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
If Goodyears, they would be E rated Marathons most likely.
KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:48 AM   #4
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Gla dyou found the problem before they surprised you on the road!!! Smart move.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
You are fortunate that you found them before the trip. I had a similar situation when I did my pretrip inspection however, my outside edge of the front right tire as worn badly and there were many cracks in the tread. I was told by three different tire stores that it was having tread separation. I put on the spare and traveled 1600 miles and discovered the right from tire was wearing abnormally on the inside edge. Now in addition to Mission Tire issues I'm beginning to believe I may also have a front axle out of alignment which may be expediting the Mission tire failures. Going to have the alignment checked on the front axle just to get some piece of mind. Tireco will be sending me five new tores to replace the Missions.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #6
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
The new tires in my mind is mission spelled backwards or sideways or what ever but get out of the china tire and go USA,,,,sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
They replaced mine with E rated Freestars. I only had three bad tires but told them I will not put two different brands on the same axle. And I'd be in the same fix if I needed the spare. So they replaced all five. I paid for mounting/balancing but they paid everything else including return of the old tires. One of those, the spare, was brand new but it went back anyhow.

The Freestars are Chinese, also, but so are the Goodyear Marathons. I've put 6,000 miles or so on two of the Freestars and they don't show any noticeable wear at all. The other two Freestars on the ground have only about 600 miles on them. Time will tell but so far they look good.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote