Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Gas $4.00+ Gal !!!!!!!!

Lou Dobbs, news flash average price of Gas now $4.00+ a gal. And now the States say travel is down now since last year. So now the States mentioned PA and Tx. Highway fund down, and guess how they want to get more money. I-80 as a toll road and in Tx may have to raise taxes on Gas. Wow isn't that something, how did they ever figure that out. I don't want you to think I picking on PA and TX, all the States for sure will come up with similar policy's. How has a Country as great as we are let this happen, Shame on our leaders, but don't forget we put them there. Pray for our Country... GBY....

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
We've been paying over $4.00 a gallon for a long time. Right now, the cheap stuff is $4.61. And we do have a gas tax for the city. Right now, on every gallon of gas we buy, lucky us gets to pay the city gas tax at the rate of $0.29 per gallon. I don't remember what the actual percentage is. Doesn't matter either. Cause it just keeps going up... Last week in Anchorage, I bought gas for $3.99. Our country needs prayer - and not just for the gas price issue...
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
They have been talking I 80 in Pa going toll now for 2 Years.They are also talking about selling the Pa Turn Pike.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:51 PM   #4
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
China probably end up buying that turnpike!! lol
Tom
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Boston Tea Party? ...and NO I'm not in charge. I'm just the "idea guy".

The problem is that Congress (and state govts) have a MUCH WORSE addiction to spending our tax money than the US consumers have with oil... I think our forefathers are rolling over in their graves. JMHO.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #6
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
As bad as it is here, the people in Europe (and China) are paying double what we are. I have been both places in the last two months. And at 8/9 dollars per gallon, they still have lots of traffic jams - just a lot more small cars. We pay a lot lower taxes in the U.S. on a gallon of gas than the rest of the world. But, that's why we haven't made progress in reducing our dependance on foreign oil - it was cheap and there was no reason to improve. In Europe, you see lots of turbo diesels and manual transmissions. All aimed at fuel economy. Borg Warner is selling dual clutch transmissions in Europe that make manuals into automatics and get better economy than a manual without torque interuption from the clutch. The technology was first introduced in race cars. It's going to be a real challenge for us to adjust. But, America is built on its ability to meet challenges. I am an American that believes things can be better, but I still would rather live here than anywhere else in the world. I've been to a lot of different countries in the world for work and I choose to vacation in the U.S. (in Monty). God Bless the U.S.A.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
They need to sell the PA to someone who can afford to take care of it. Drove it from the Ohio/PA line down to Breezwood and it is the worst and most expensive TPK we have ever been on.Why the road conditions are worse than I-10 through Alabama and Louisiana.Nearly shook the 3400 apart.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Geeee, no kidding Rich??

We had the opposite opinion when we drove from Breezewood to PA east gate in April. That it was in much better shape than we rememeber, some of the hills had been flattened out, so that it was not so "closed in" feeling.

We did not experience that it was worse than I 10. Nope!

Maybe cause we went west?? Maybe cause of the Isolator??

That is so very interesting, your experience so different than ours.

The price of gas dropped at the closest station to us, it was $4.03 last week, had dropped to $3.99 the last I saw, which was Saturday afternoon.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote