Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2007, 05:16 AM   #1
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Need Delivery Checklist

First let me say that my dealer has always been terrific so I do not expect any problems there. I am a long way from the factory so I really need to rely on the dealer and my own first inspection. After reading RMccord's posts I am a bit apprehensive so that inspection is going to be as thorough as I can make it. Does anyone have or know where I can get a good checklist to help me give my new unit a complete delivery inspection?

MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:58 AM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Roger, here is the link to several PDI's, hope this is what your looking for.
http://www.montanaowners.com/RVRelatedLinks.html#pdi
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:22 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Those are good lists.

I used two criteria for my inspection:
  • show stoppers - serious items that require repair before I sign anything, such as structural damage, exterior finish, roofing, etc. Some of these might even mean a trip back to the factory and you might be better off looking at another unit
  • minor repairs - cosmetic items or even appliance items that are easily repaired at the Dealer and I am confident the Dealer will take care of under warranty after I sign the paperwork
I was worried if I got too focused counting hinge screws on the cabinets, I would miss the fact it only had 3 wheels. By using an initial major issue inspection first, I was able to relax and re-inspect for the smaller things at my own pace. Everything was repaired before I left that day.

It is also helpful to scan through the last year of MOC posts for problems with my particular model to find unique problems such as slide tape too narrow, kitchen floor damage, antenna rubbing roof, loose connections in docking station, missing screens, etc.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:00 AM   #4
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Thanks for the links and the advice.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:07 AM   #5
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Carry a notebook and take good notes...you won't remember all the information they throw at you.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:56 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I was on thhs forum for about 1 year before I ordered the 06 3400. I noted every problem reported by members and compiled a list in addition to the PDI's that are also on the forum. When our dealer called to say the 3400 was there we did not even go see it. We E mailed him the PDI and problem list, set up a appointment two weeks down the road and said we did not want to see any of these things when we saw the camper. (this is a excellent dealer and had no problem with that) . We got there did a PDI noted some things we still did not like, gave him the short list, and made a appointment a week down the road for another PDI..It was perfect.Not until then did we sign a single paper..The dealer was 60 miles away from home. The PDI person went over every single item on the PDI list and our list and did not sign off till we were satisfied. Perfect off the lot..within the next 11 months we had @50 problems large and small..so going off the lot perfect is good news but means nothing except maybe you will not have those problems over again...Keystone took care of all my issues with no problem at all. They get 95% in customer service.I take off 5% because Helen wanted them to pull out our entire kitchen slide and replace it with a 08 Big Sky slide with the big fridge and they said...NO..... The rats..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:26 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I was new to 5er'ing and did my PDI with a digital pocket recorder - just in case. It was useful. No way could my feeble mind remember everything the technician told me. The dealer, Holiday World South (Houston) was/is great so far.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote