Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #1
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
08 Big Sky at Orangewood RV since 7/18/07

I just want to vent my frustration at getting service on our 5th wheel. We purchased our Big Sky in Ohio on 6/13, traveled for 5 weeks and took it to a dealer in AZ, Orangewood RV, on 7/18 with a long list of warranty issues. We checked on it from time to time, but since we did not plan to use until Jan 08, did not become too concerned. They finally called and told us in November we could pick it up because everything had been completed. We went on 11/16 to bring it home, and found several things had not been completed. The main thing was the kitchen flooring had to be replaced because of a tear. The flooring had to be ordered from a Montana vendor. Today, 12/17, we checked on the status and were told that the flooring had been ordered but that Montana was closed through the holidays and that even though the flooring had been ordered, Orangewood RV would not be able to do anything until after January because Montana was closed. Since we had heard stories like this from them before (that they had ordered parts and had not) we called Montana and found that they will be open through the holidays, only closing Friday for inventory. Montana parts department called Orangewood for us and found that Orangewood had not yet ordered the flooring. Supposedly Orangewood RV is ordering the flooring today. Who knows if we will ever get our warranty items fixed. Can anyone beat this length of time an rv has been at a dealer for repairs?

kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Karen,

Sorry to hear about your repair woes. Hopefully you did not have any trips planned during this time.

We had to have our kitchen floor repaired for the same reason. Our local dealer simply had a local floor company come out to their facility and fix it. Took about 2 or 3 weeks to get it set up but once it was scheduled it only took them about half a day to fix it.

I think you may have the record! Although there have been several members that come close.

It is so disconcerting when you get caught in between a questionable dealer and a likewise Keystone.

Hopefully they will get it all fixed up for you soon. Good luck and keep us updated.

Dennis (HamRad)
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
People don't have to lie to me but once to loose any business I might do with them. I would consider getting my unit out of their shop before they screwed it up and negotiate with Keystone for service from a non-Montana dealer if there were no other Montana dealer around. How can you trust anything they say or do? Sounds as if they are more interested in covering their rear anatomy than covering your warranty issues.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:39 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
I agree with Stiles - yank the Big Sky now and arrange for service elsewhere. They've lied to you at least twice, based on your post, so how can you believe that they did any of the allegedly completed repairs?
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:48 PM   #5
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
I also agree with Stiles. You can get warranty work done at just about any Keystone dealer, after talking to Keystone!
My work was done at the local Keystone dealer here in Troy instead of going back to my original purchasing dealer.
Just remember to get the OK from Keystone first though!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
ldunning
Established Member

M.O.C. #5692
I purchased from Orangewood and ra into similar problems on warranty work. I called Montana and explined my problems with Orangewood. Tey made arrangements for the Montana to go to RV Traders in Mesa for the work to be done. I was vry satisfied with RV Traders. Good luck!
ldunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:33 AM   #7
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
I too agree with the above comments...We had a similar problem with a dealer (I won't mention the name), but it was the closest dealer to our summer home. Needless to say when we were ready to purchase our new unit we did not even consider purchasing from that dealership. We have also told others to avoid the dealership and why. Word of mouth is the best or worst advertising a dealership can have. We pulled our unit out of the dealership and took it to another dealership for the repairs. We too caught the lies by having a conversation with team Montana and it was on parts ordered.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:05 AM   #8
ALAN
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4279
Agree with all above. We have a number of friends with Montana units who have either purchased or had work done at RV Traders in Mesa and have been very satisfied.
ALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #9
glenwynn
Established Member

M.O.C. #4324
We bought our Montana from Orangewood and they always treated us very well. We had a lot of warranty work done by them In 2005 and 2006, I wonder if they've changed service managers

Glen
glenwynn is offline   Reply With Quote