Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
sedwheathome
Established Member

M.O.C. #6730
2005 2955RL Hot Water Issue

April 24, we posted a hot water tech issue with our unit. This was a NEW 2005 2955RL purchased in Jan 07. The problem was: When using the water pump, we only get hot water to the bathroom sink & shower. When on a city water connection, we have no hot water anywhere! We appreciate all the comments & suggestions sent back to us. We tried them all and after exhausting our minds with the problem, we went camping anyway! You would think after 4 various units & 12+ years of camping with RVs & all the tech help on this site, someone would have the answer. NOPE! The maiden voyage last weekend was great with the Montana. We just used the water pump to get by over the weekend for hot showers. Dropped her off at the dealership Sunday afternoon on the way home. The dealership owner didn't believe me. After fumbling around for 45 minutes thinking I, we & the whole MOC family had missed something, he said "Can you leave it? We need to talk to Keystone on this one!"
Dealer seems to be pretty good. I'll let everyone know what the issue turns out to be!

Thank You
sedwheathome

sedwheathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #2
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
That is a strange one! Sounds like it has to be some kind of strange plumbing mixup at the factory.
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:30 PM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Be sure and post the results! I'm real curious now.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Sounds to me that there is some wires crossed.... I mean some waterlines crossed.
If there is no hot water when hooked up to city water, I'd say they have hooked the city water to the hot water line that comes out of the
HW tank, instead of hooking it up to the cold water line that feeds the HW tank. In this case the HW tank is being bypassed.
If that is the case, it is possible that the Hot water line feeding the kitchen sink is hooked up to the cold waterline that the city water should have been hooked up to. Probably just need to change the two lines.

On Edit ~ In our 2980 Near the HW tank 3 waterlines feed down through the floor in the basement. Hot & cold to the Kitchen sink & one line to the city water connection. the more I think about it, I could see someone reversing a couple of these lines.

Just a theory
J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:31 AM   #5
crandallbradley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5044
Not sure but how about the hot water heater bypass.?????
crandallbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #6
sedwheathome
Established Member

M.O.C. #6730
Update: Just wanted to let everyone know! Monty has been at the dealer now since last Sunday April 29th. They have checked all common items like HW heater bypass valve, faucets, etc.. The normal items I had checked before taking it in. They claim they have called Keystone, but no one has returned their call. I asked for a contact, they couldn't provide! I gave them until noon on Monday to get the issue figured out! After a hearty discussion a couple of hours ago, I feel that I am going to possibly need other help. Can any of you provide contacts at Keystone you have spoken with before?

Thank You
sedwheathome is offline   Reply With Quote