Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2006, 12:29 PM   #21
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well we liked the 3485 enough that no ifs ands or buts about it it is the rig we plan on buying come January. We went to Goshen thinking 3475RL and upon seeing the prototype 3485RL we changed our mind that instant.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:41 PM   #22
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Well since the Cat is out of the bag so to speak, for my 2 cents I liked the Bedroom, Bathroom layout. The part I didn't like was the lack of counter space - I guess the 3400 spoiled me. It had some other nice features, I like the CD/DVD storage cabinet and they went with the Flat Screen TV in the Living Room. Since we part time and don't have a need for the Washer/Dryer which is under the bedroom TV that is not an issue for me. AS I was reading the options and other stuff - it said it had "shock absorbers" no mention of Mor/Ride but didn't Keystone say those were now standard - if so why the "shock absorbers" the Mor/Ride agent said they were not necessary at the Rally.
All in All - I would give this model some serious consideration if I was in the market for a new 5ver. But I have to wear this one I have now out first.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:24 PM   #23
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
We saw the new model at the Pomona Show this last weekend; we liked it. It was fresh and different. What I didn't like was the bath countertops. Also, I felt the bedspreads weren't as pretty as in the previous years. But that's just my opinion...
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:55 PM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Those of us at the rally who took the tour saw the new unit and were asked our opinion. We did like the "no recessed step' idea. We did not like the bathroom arrangement. Nice flat screen TV. The unit also did not pass Helen's counter space test. We have the 3400. These are all personal choices and many who saw the unit really liked it..like Glenn who liked it so much he is buying one...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #25
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
We also saw the 3485 at the MOC fall rally factory tour. I must say I agree with Carol (Mrs. Country Guy) on several of her posts. We did not like the closed in feeling of the hallway to the bedroom/bath area. We also prefer the seperate "potty room". We liked the DVD storage drawer tucked behind the television in the entertainment area. We prefer the location of the washer/dryer closet just inside the entry door of the 3475 versus the location of the washer/dryer under the bedroom tv in the new 3485, which takes away the drawer storage space under the bedroom tv in the 3475. We love our 3475RL floorplan and sure am glad we got one while they were still available. We can fully access the entire unit including fridge, stove, sofa, table, etc with all three slides closed. The only thing we cannot access with the slides in the closed position is the two recliners and the lower drawers at the foot of the bed. We are sorry to see the 3475RL model dropped from the Montana line.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #26
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Another good feature of an inside step, it makes the entrance door lower and gives your awning more clearance and that is a good thing.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #27
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Don made a great point, the new 3485 has very tall stairs outside. The "rise" between each stair is I would say close to 1.5x's the distance of the current stair case. I am 6' tall and the stairs were high, even for me.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:30 PM   #28
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
After viewing it at the Rally I thought the bathroom door should open to the outside. I am a fairly large guy and thought with the door opening into the bathroom it was tight to step aside so I could close the door. If I were to buy one I would change the hinges around so the door opened out wards. Also agree with Rich and Helen that the counter space isn't much.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:17 AM   #29
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Wrenchtraveler, now there is another thing I wouldn't have ever thought of - the door height and awning (don't ask husband how he knows how important that is ).

Montana Sky, if that is high steppin' for you, then it would really be for us short people!

Thanks for the heads up on all these important things so many have noted.
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:25 AM   #30
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Gosh, we just love our 3475, hate to hear that it is going bye. Carol, no door closed for me either!
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:09 PM   #31
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I thought I would re-enter the thread with a few of my own more positve opinions. I am still convinced the 3485 is the rig for us and I would now like to comment on a couple of negative opinions some of you have pointed out.
  • We did not like the closed in feeling of the hallway to the bedroom/bath area. the side entrance to the upstairs is claustophobic.
    I don't understand the "closed in" feeling or claustophobic. There is a large window by the stairs along with the one in the bedroom. If anything it is more open than the rigs with the center stairs.
  • good feature of an inside step, it makes the entrance door lower and gives your awning more clearance
    The elimination of the inside step to me is a plus as we always felt it to be a hazard. Especially for strangers stumbling before they even reach the door.
    As far as the rise. Lorraine is only 5 feet tall and she had no problem getting in.
    As far as more clearance for the awning I did not see that as a problem either.
  • Thank you but there are only 3 slides. One less to have problems with and from what I have seen on the forum and at the Goshen rally the slides are becoming a huge problem.
  • We don't have nor do we want a W/D so the front W/D closet will make for some awesome storage.
  • We do very little indoor cooking so that humongous counter in the middle of the 3400 would be totally in the way. Taking it out opens up the living room/dining area up into more livable space. It also eliminated the need for a 4th slide

One comment I fully agree with was the bathroom door swinging in but that is very easily rectified by rehanging it. Other than that it was the bathroom that was one of the big sellers for us.

Old 10-18-2006, 02:57 PM   #32
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
And, Glenn is a PERFECT example of why they have different floor plans!! Cause we all have different needs and different likes and dislikes. Makes the world go round and not spin off it's axis! You go Glenn!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:16 PM   #33
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Glenn,
I can tell how excited you are about your new/upcoming Montana! I cannot wait to get your "full opinion" of this floorplan when you take ownership... Let me be the 1st to say Congrats to you and Lorraine on your new home!!!!!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:33 PM   #34
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
I like the new floorplan. Will have to see it in person, but I like an enclosed bathroom if it doesn't take to much room out of bedroom. After seeing the black fridge pictures, it is growing on me too. I know most like the recessed first step, but that is one reason we are looking at other models beside the Montana. Both me and the wife have about fell because of it, and I have met someone who has.
2007dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:03 PM   #35
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
I have seen this floorplan in a everest 5'er also made by keystone
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:13 PM   #36
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Anyone know if they are putting the LCD and door mods in the new 3400rl's yet? Sure would be a nice surprise when we step into it for the first time next week.
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #37
Dave Anderson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1654
Glen; Go for it my friend!! now that the stick house has officially SOLD!! we will be retireing the "old Lady" for a3295RK in the next few weeks,will see you next rally in our new rigs---------------- best, Dave
Dave Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:11 AM   #38
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Well Glenn, it is like I said previously, if I didn't have this brand new unit sitting beside the house and I was shopping, that 3485 would be right at the top of the list. The counter thing is my DW thing but if there are other features that are more important such as the bath layout I think it is a give and take issue.
I think the 3485 is going to be a big seller for Keystone in the future.
You can park yours by mine any day. Congrats on your selection.
Dave are you really going to retire the "old lady". That thing should go to a museum some where.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:29 AM   #39
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 2002dura

I like the new floorplan. Will have to see it in person, but I like an enclosed bathroom if it doesn't take to much room out of bedroom. After seeing the black fridge pictures, it is growing on me too. I know most like the recessed first step, but that is one reason we are looking at other models beside the Montana. Both me and the wife have about fell because of it, and I have met someone who has.
Thank you 2002dura, at least someone agrees with me on that first step. When we first got our 2955, more than once by not expecting that 1st step I nearly fell through the door. How many folks own a stick house with the first step recessed in their living room? None? Than what makes a 5th wheel any different?
By moving the steps to the side the enclosed bathroom fits perfectly and takes up no more room. We will also be taking a Queen size mattress rather than King in order to add even more usable space.
And for those that are basing there opinions on the pictures or hearsay rather than actually having been in one I would wait to see one up close and personal before passing judgement.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:34 AM   #40
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dave Anderson

Glen; Go for it my friend!! now that the stick house has officially SOLD!! we will be retireing the "old Lady" for a3295RK in the next few weeks,will see you next rally in our new rigs---------------- best, Dave
Great Dave. It's a shame to have to trade in that old lady as I know she served you well over the years but a new young thing can make life so much more exciting.
AH, you are talking about your Montana aren't you?

See you in September! Or maybe even next July as we will be heading for Redmond OR for The Rally.