Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2003, 04:19 AM   #1
Montana_329
Established Member

M.O.C. #329
Why not the 3575RL?

In reading the letters from RV owners on this site, I noticed that on the question of "what Montana did you choose" I noticed that only a couple of people chose the 3575RL as we did. Since we live in our unit full time from May thru Oct. we have found this to be a particularly roomy and comfortable choice. I am wondering why so few people have chosed this model. What are your reasons for NOT choosing the 3575? Am I missing something? LOL

DramaQueen in Michigan
3575RL

Montana_329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:21 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chester
We also really like the 3295 but that single chair in front of the curio cabinet leaves me wondering about its value. It looks more like its just in the way to us. How have you 3295 folks found it???

2003 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW.
Cummins HO, Auto, 4.10 rear end and 4X4.
2000 Montana 2750RK.
Chester, I spend a good deal of my inside time in that chair. But we swapped it out for a LazyBoy recliner. We also have a table to the right of the chair. It appears to stick out into traffic areas but we've not found that to be a problem. Biggest problem with that location is when the sun lines up with the window in the door. We solved that with an applique we put over that window. Still get the sunlight without the glare.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 07:21 AM   #3
w4nfr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #646
We love our 2004 Big Sky 3575RL Montana which is fully loaded. I added a Onan MicroQuiet 4000 Gas Generator for BoonDocking. Also added some coat hooks just inside the door. We use a lot of 12 VDC appliances, so I added an additional 12 volt deep discharge battery up front and 200 watts of solar panel to charge them. Added 12 vdc outlets in the kitchen, living room, and by the big desk! I am a ham radio operator, so I needed 12 volt at the desk area for my radios. Love the big desk for the computer and printer. Added a King Dome on top for easy satellite viewing. Rig Easy to pull and maintain! You can use the 3575RL while traveling without putting out the slides, we really like this, because so many floor plans do not allow this. We have lived full time in ours for 10 months and love it. Only problem was a leaky IRC hydraulic valve which Lippert replaced quickly and I changed out. Also had to take out a window that "Hart City RV" had replaced and reinstall it upside down so the drain holes are now at the bottom. They installed it "upside down" and water could not drain out during hard rains. Basically, the Montana Big Sky is a great rig and we love it now that we found most of the problems and fixed them ourselves... I would buy the Big Sky 3575RL again if we had to choose, but I would look for the flaws a little closer next time.
w4nfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:29 PM   #4
DrivesBGM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by w4nfr
... I would buy the Big Sky 3575RL again if we had to choose, but I would look for the flaws a little closer next time.
Wouldn't we all!

Craig
DrivesBGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:45 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
W4nfr,
How do you like your kingdome? I have been looking at getting one installed on my coach as well. I want to talk to people who have them but have not seen any yet. Does it work well if your in a campground with lots of trees or mountains? I have heard that if there are trees within 100ft of your coach you wont get a signal. Has that been the case for you? All the folks here at the lake have the dish network dish sitting on a tripod in the lawn. Yhey move them when they need to get a better signal. I would rather have the kingdome on the roof, in my opinion a better look than having a dish sitting all over the yard area.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:28 AM   #6
w4nfr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #646
Like the King Dome very much. When I first took delivery, I removed the dome to see what is inside. Noticed that a small spring had come loose from it's post, so I reinstalled. It would not have worked without this spring in place.

I installed the Dome myself and it worked fine. There is a optional keypad programming unit available and I recommend that you get for programming the unit for Dish Network. It comes setup for the Direct TV format. The programmer will allow you set up Dish Network and optimize the dish for your location. This is especially important for the Canadian border areas.

I usually try to get a campsite in an open area and usually there is no problem with the surrounding trees. In CGs where there are a lot trees, I carry a Satellite Dish on a foldup tri-pod and a roll of coaxial cable. Sometimes you just have to find the open hole in the trees! However, 90% of the time, I use the KING DOME which is on top of the 5th.

Sometimes you have to reset the Satellite Reciever after the power has been off, by pulling out the card and reinserting to make the satellite receiver recognize the Dish Network signals.

The King Dome will stop at each satellite it sees, so you have to enable the search button several times until you get the desired satellite.
w4nfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:11 PM   #7
Montana_421
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #421
By the way, very much "unfortunately", it looks like our new job in the San Diego area is sticking by the requirement we live on-site, so we are expecting to sell our 3575RL....
And likely our GMC Duramax...
So, if you are interested, or know someone who is, let us know. Right now it's parked in a beautiful park in Imperial Beach, on a monthly contract.

We love it, but may just have to give it up.... (not rich enough to have a "beach house" for weekends...)

Montana_421 is offline   Reply With Quote