Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2006, 03:51 PM   #21
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Ed sorry to see you leave with a negative view of MOC. I also like all kinds of jokes be they political or abuot religion, but there are some that realy get hurt I guess, so a line must be drawn, going up to the line is OK but one hair over regardless, is over. I was always told you never bring up politics or religion in any conversation, it will start a war, good example Irack and a cartoon. Wow...
Push it aside and stay here. you had some interesting answers and post be a shame to go over a joke. just save it for a real campfire story, Like at a rally maybe.

TT2

Old 03-02-2006, 08:11 PM   #22
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Ed,, all I can say is Good Luck. I have been flamed so bad on other forums that I have to wear asbestos britches before I visit. And you are leaving this place because you JOKE was removed,,
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #23
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Ed, Since being a member I have made nearly 3000 posts and I have been scolded for some of them and I have had some deleted. If you take a close look at the "Sitting around the Campfire" archives you will note that I have contributed many a joke. Although most went through without a problem a couple have not and I am still here. I have become addicted to the MOC and feel we are all part of one huge family and it would take a lot more than a simple deletion to run me off.
You are also given the right to leave if you must or stay if you will. Only you can make that decision.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:14 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I to would like to see what is causing all the fuss. I to believe that politics and religion are subjects that we should not get into on this forum. This is a Camper forum not a religion or political forum. We are deeply involved in both politics and religion, but not here. I also do not approve of ONE moderator having the power of deciding what can or can not be posted .. if that is the way it is and I do not understand why the moderators feel they must wear a mask on the forum.. anything that I had edited or deleted deserved to be. They are doing a good job of policing the forum and IF they make a wrong call once in a while..here is a saying we love to use on this forum "They are just people and people make mistakes," That goes for ALL of us..Ed..if you only had ONE post deleted..you have a long way to go to catch up with some of us..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:29 AM   #25
moc5er
Site Team

M.O.C. #4839
Rich, Thanks for your support of the MOC forum and your last post on this subject. I want the members to know that this subject was discussed throughly by 4 moderators and 2 administrators before the decision to remove it was made. I was not the moderator that pulled the post but I was in agreement that the post could offend some of the members and should not be on the forum. We also have tried to encourage Ed to stay with the forum if he would like to.
moc5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:48 AM   #26
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Well Now see I don't agree with rich. I had the joke emailed to me and I thought it was funny. But it was political in nature and I suspect that some on this forum would find it offensive. I will not get into politics but I don't agree with the way the forum is run. But then I'm not in charge.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:08 AM   #27
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
If, when we joined, we read all the information very thoroughly, we all knew this forum was moderated and there was a mission statement. This is probably without a doubt the best forum on the internet. Why??? Because of the two things mentioned above. Laughter is a great thing but not at the expense of others. The office of Vice President should be respected.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:12 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
MOC5ER thanks for the clarification on how the decision to edit or delete is made. that's the way it should be...... Anyone who belongs to other forums will know that things can get out of hand very quickly 'if there is no control.We may disagree with the moderators on some issues but that is overshadowed by the orderly forum they keep. We have not seen the post in question yet and we may think it is very funny..but there are some folks that see no humor in politics or religon..
Old 03-03-2006, 11:21 AM   #29
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Dang,

I'm starting to feel bad that I haven't had anything deleted yet, perhaps I need to try harder! Of course I'm still relatively new, so I have plenty of time.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #30
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Maybe they were die hard Republicans and cannot take a joke. I have also seen this mentioned about Cheney in other post why were they not pulled?
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:25 PM   #31
ejc1214
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5232
I really appreciate all your positive comments about asking me to stay in the forum. You are all great and hopefully someday I will get to meet some or all of you at a rally. I know that my post did not have anything to do with rving and hence I posted it in the Sitting Around The Campfire section where I thought it belonged. My problem is that I and most people that have seen the satire do not find it offensive. It is just a joke! Nothing more than that, plain and simple.
As to the fact that some people believe that somehow it desecrated the office of the VP, please, he can do that all by himself. And that is coming from a staunch Republican when I say that! Oh God, now I done it again! Go ahead and edit that too, I guess.
ejc1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ed..Thanks for the link to the site..First let me say that I KNOW that site..My bonehead brother-in-law in AZ sends me stuff from that site all the time..He thinks it is very funny, so do I although some stuff on there is not for family viewing although I have heard much worse sitting around many campfires. Helen has the site in her "favorite site listing" and is as we speak sending the Cheney thing to he brother in AZ. I still support the moderators in policing the forum and they were, all things considered , right in doing so...However.. anyone that would be offended by that particular cartoon has got to lighten up..really //In the words of Foghorn leghorn..." that's a joke son, that's a joke"

Let it go Ed.It's history. Oh..perhaps we need some guidelines on what we can post in the Sitting around the campfire forum.
I sort of thought it was a polite, but open forum.( like NO politics or Religion jokes) to many folks with no sense of humor in both areas.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #33
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ejc1214

As to the fact that some people believe that somehow it desecrated the office of the VP, please, he can do that all by himself. And that is coming from a staunch Republican when I say that! Oh God, now I done it again! Go ahead and edit that too, I guess.
Ed It dosen't look like you are the one that wants to let go of the topic and get on with your life on this forum. just let it drop.
I like Pizza and there are others that dont, regardless of what it's coated with.
I'm exosted on this topic and gone.

TT2

Old 03-03-2006, 03:12 PM   #34
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Is there a difference between having a finger wagged at you and being stood in a corner??? I think I've had both done to me here... Can't think of a time when it wasn't deserved though.

But therein lies the difference. If I felt strongly that I had been in the right it may have been different. I have been known to put up a fuss over what I considered a principled matter. And I don't stop where the normal person throws in the towel. I am in a pitched battle right now with two seperate entities, and I DO believe in pressing the attack. I heard a quote once. I am going to paraphrase... "Do you not know that those who run in a race, all run? But only ONE receives the prize. Run in such a way that you may win." Can't tell you where that comes from in order to keep from offending someone, but I always race to win. Always.

Ed, I'm not sure that this is a race that is worth running. I do sympathize with you as one who, 1. has had posts involuntarily removed, 2. been asked to delete posts, and 3. has ended up deleting some posts voluntarily, as I re-read them and realized that I needed to get it off before a moderator saw it and sent me another PM. (Isn't there a button you can click on to block upset moderators that you know will be coming after you??? ).

Not everyone agrees with everyone else. Probably not the last time it will happen, Ed. I can tell you that I really enjoyed your posts. If you must, take some time off and then come back, I know personally of two upset MOCers that have done that. It's OK to take a trip for a while, but I think I speak for most here when I say that you sure will be welcomed back to this family, like the Prodigal Son. Oops! Was that not the right thing to say either??? Sorry.

And another thing... Steve Reigle, if, in over 11,000 posts (as of this posting), you have only been "flagged" two times, and those for only for minor, hardly mentionable glitches, either I am really bad (a good possibility), or you are really good (another good possibility)... OK, I just realized what I just said... of course that's what it is... No wonder I get talked to. My mouth (hand) engages before my brain. Isn't that hard on the transmission??? That would explain a lot of things...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #35
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
I am sorry to have to inform you that ejc1214 has requested that his account be locked. His request will be honored. It is always sad to see a member leave us. It has been particularly difficult in this instance. He is welcome back anytime he wishes.

Perhaps this will end this very unfortunate incident.

RVWheels MOC Administrator
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #36
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
RVWheels, I feel that this was a very healthy discussion for this forum. This is a great forum and I believe this discussion helped those who might not be too sure, understand what the ground rules are. JMHO.

I believe it also shows the loving and forgiving nature of this very diverse MOC family.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:54 PM   #37
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
In Canada, trashing politicians, our own and those south of the border is a National past time.

I realize that is not what the moderators want, so what the heck, I'll talk about RVs and other stuff. We both live in free Countries so a little censorship is not that hard to choke down.
.........hack...hack....excuse me.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:54 AM   #38
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Too funny this is why we have young kid’s fighting over seas to protect our freedom to watch this. Hope you come back in the near future. We can still have a good time just thinking about it. We don’t always agree about everything but we can still learn a lot about our rigs through the forum, and each other after all that what it’s for.
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:10 AM   #39
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Trashing politicians may be a national pastime and certainly our young kids are fighting for our freedom of speech. Does that mean that this forum is the proper place to trash politicians or share religious philosophies or use profanity or share jokes of a sexual nature? Probably not. I'm wondering if the moderators chose to remove the topic more because of its inappropriateness to this forum, rather than it just being appropriate or inappropriate.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:38 AM   #40
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
A joke may be funny to some and not so funny to others. I am personally offended by the lack of respect I see in this country for each other and our leaders. It is not my intent to start any political discussion here. I am supporting the moderators for the good job they do at keeping things from getting out of hand.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote