Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2006, 10:11 PM   #21
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Steve, We were sorry to hear about your blowout when you told us. You and Vicki need to remember that you are "RETIRED" and not push yourselves driving so many miles in one day. Enjoy your stay in the valley. Were glad that so many MOC members are here along with all the new ones which we will meet. Marge

JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:15 AM   #22
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Steve, I'm sorry to hear about your blowout. That was one of the main reasons we traded our last trailer for the Monty. It came with Nankang tires and over a 2 year period we blew 4 of them. Always when we were pushing it to get there or get home. I was happy to see the Monty didn't have Nankang or Goodyear's on it as I had a blowout with one of the marathons that was put on the previous trailer after the first blowout. Anyhow, hope every things is OK and you get to relax and enjoy your time down there.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:14 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We had those Goodyear marathons on our TT and had problems with them, no blowouts but thread separation.I note that camper tires are NOT balanced, my tire guy says that is not a good thing and we WILL have them balanced first thing.Think that might have someting to do with Tire failure..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:50 PM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
This one was balanced as it had been replaced previously and at that time I have them balanced.

Go Pokes is the member we had dinner with the first night on the road. Anyone in their area, I'd recommend taking them up on their offer to get together. They are super nice people. We very much enjoyed their hospitality, as well as that of the others we got together with the other two evenings.

Dennis, no damage. We've been very lucky that way. We've not had damage from blown tires. I know you blew out the fender skirt twice.

As for handling, the ONLY indication something was amiss was the "pop" we both heard. I immediately pulled over. The other blowouts and flats we did not even know about it until someone signaled us. By that time the tires were shredded and we had only a little bit of sidewall remaining on the rim. There was no sway, no movement or handling anomaly at all with any of the flats and blowouts. That's why I didn't worry too much about having one baldy on the ground although I did worry it might blow and do some damage.

Last count I have says there are 8 MOC couples in this park (BPV). We need to get out and meet some more of them soon. Today was busy with washing the truck and the Montana plus Vicki doing the laundry and cleaning inside. Bill and Ann were cruising the park and stopped by. It was nice to see them again.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote