Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
Montana_2872
Established Member

M.O.C. #2872
Remote A/C During Power Failure

Hello again everyone !!! I'm bombarding ya'll with lots of questions but we just got our 3400 RL last night. My last question (hopefully) is about the remote A/C. If there is a power failure, will the A/C still work with the remote? This weekend is looking hot and humid with major thunderstorms expected here in Southwestern Ontario, so we can be sure there will be a power failure. Just want to be sure that I don't roast inside our new RV. Also, my new pups are 4 weeks old today and I don't want to expose them to excess heat.
Thanks again,
Heather and Rick

Montana_2872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:03 PM   #2
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Well, I would expect that if the power goes out the A/C will not have any power to run on. The remote (being battery powered) will work, but that will be a rather moot point in this case.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:10 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Have to agree with Eric so unless you have a generator big enough to run the AC I would be thinking of finding a cooler place to keep the pups.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:46 PM   #4
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Williams I tell you from experience if the electricity goes out, the A/C remote is of little use.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:33 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Williams, no problem with you "bombarding with lots of questions". That's what this forum is for. Besides, I learn a lot from reading the replies to others' questions. So keep 'em coming.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:00 PM   #6
Montana_2872
Established Member

M.O.C. #2872
You have all been such a great help. The A/C worked so well we darn near froze (haha) !!!!!
We are going to install a thermostat though and get rid of the remote. I spent the weekend in the new RV and had a blast !!! We are the only owners of a "MONTANA" in the entire campsite so we've had a revolving door all weekend !!! Everyone was speechless when they saw Rick pull in with it and even more so when they saw the interior. Our son and daughter-in-law are coming up for the long weekend so hopefully things will have calmed down by then. We are in the midst of redesigning our deck as it is too small so the lot is untidy at present but will take pics as soon as it's done which will be before the end of this week. As for the pups, yes it is puppy proof as long as you have a piece of linoleum underneath the crate. We're taking the whole crew up next weekend now that we are organized. The girls (aka Kristi, our Miniature Schnauzer and Emma, our Maltese along with the 3 Maltese pups will have their own deck !!! We will have a 2 tier deck and Rick's design is brilliant !!! So, the work isn't over yet but we've made a lot of headway. Thanks again to everyone for all your help. I'm sure we'll be back with more questions throughout the season and as soon as I get my laptop connected, I'll be checking email daily so if you're in Southwestern Ontario, Sarnia area, please drop us a line and perhaps we can get together.
Sincerely,
Heather and Rick
Montana_2872 is offline   Reply With Quote