Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2005, 08:30 AM   #1
Rudi and Ellen
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4441
Send a message via AIM to Rudi and Ellen
Access to rear of TV

Does anyone know how the TV in then 3295RK comes out of the cabinet? I believe the cable that comes out of the back doen not have an RG6 rating. This is why I'm unable to get the satellite hook-up working.

Rudi and Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:09 AM   #2
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Rudi,

I don’t think the cable from the TV’s input needs to be RG6. It is using the receiver’s output, which should be channel three, standard modulation. RG59 would suffice there.

You will, however, need RG6 in the wall of the fiver, to connect to the outside Cable/Sat input. If that’s not RG6, (and you can simply remove the panel holding the connector that the TV’s cable presently runs to, inside the fiver, and see what it’s got for labeling,) then feeding the sat receiver from that input will probably fail.

I do know they made a point of telling us our 2005 input is RG6 equipped. Not sure if yours comes with that, or is still RG59. Does your outside input connector have “Cable/Sat” as a label? Or just “Cable?”

I can tell you how our TV comes out of its entertainment center. But it’s probably different in your floorplan. Most likely it’s secured on top and bottom with long screws that pass through the shelving it’s on.

Good luck!

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:08 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Rudi and Ellen,
On our 3295RK the TV in the living room is held in by 4 screws/brackets. On the top two screws go through the cabinet and hit the top of the TV to hold it down. On the bottom there are a couple of brackets that hold it in. Remove these and you should be able to remove it.

Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:29 AM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rudi and Ellen

I believe the cable that comes out of the back doen not have an RG6 rating. This is why I'm unable to get the satellite hook-up working.
Like Gyro, I doubt it is the cable that is causing the problem, but rather that you have a "cable connection" rather than a "satellite connection". I believe that the cable connection will not allow the back-feed of voltage that the LNB on the dish requires. (I suppose this is some sort of protection for the cable system, similar to the water back-flow preventer that you see on campground taps).

To overcome this problem, you may have to install a separate "Satellite connecton", (which, in our experience will also work with cable).
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:09 AM   #5
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
One other thing to check is the ant booster switch. Make sure it is off if you use anything but the roof mount antenna.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:26 AM   #6
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Rudi and Ellen, another way to hook TV to the sat. receiver is to use video cables from the back of sat. receiver to the video connections on the front of you TV. If you do this then you can use the video channel on the remote(usually video 3).
This does not help with the cabling but it does by pass turning the booster off when you want to watch local channels.
Cabling on the 3400 is sat/cable all in one, and you should be able to us it for sat. or cable. Hope this helps and does not confuse you.
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:50 AM   #7
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Try a search for "loop" over the past year by member countryfolks. There are 2 threads that discuss this, They may help and I don't have to try to remember what was said. There are some threads also but I don't remember what the subjects were. That info along with what is brought up in this thread may point to a solution to your problem.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:59 PM   #8
Rudi and Ellen
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4441
Send a message via AIM to Rudi and Ellen
Thanks again everyone for the great responses. You're right, the cable from the back of the TV does not need to be an RG6. Turns out the problem was from the satellite service end. I finally have it hooked up, and it's working just fine.
Rudi and Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote