Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2010, 01:00 AM   #1
dcowie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3207
MOC Forum "Search" Question

How do I enter a search for a specific topic id.
I entered it into the search box as "TOPIC_ID=XXXXX" with and w/o quotes. Could not find any help topic specific to searching a topic id.
Thanks

dcowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:02 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I always just enter the text only for what I am searching for. For example I enter Autoformer (without the underline) and be sure to click the Archive to get as many results as possible. Sometimes the search criteria (wording) is critical.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:18 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Isn't topic ID # etc etc etc, part of the URL, try replacing the number you have in the URL line of your browser, cause all that other stuff is up there.

Course, disclaimer, I have only had ONE sip of java, just saying!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:19 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dcowie

How do I enter a search for a specific topic id.
I entered it into the search box as "TOPIC_ID=XXXXX" with and w/o quotes. Could not find any help topic specific to searching a topic id.
Thanks
If I understand your question. You are in a topic and want to sure for something specific you would have to use the EDIT function of your web browser to find the words.
The Forum Search looks at the forum. You can set it to only search in one category like "Camp Fire" by clicking on one of the search criteria. The Search Forum area is "All Forum" or a specific sub area.
As Bingo mentioned clicking on the archives opens up to more historical posts.

I hope this helps.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:16 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Most search functions in any forum searches text in the subject or body of the text or both areas only. Contents of posts, subjects and that's about it. To confirm this look at the "Search in" field of the search function. Only the subject or the subject and body of the text can be searched in this case and only by "Text".

There is no provision to search for pictures, pointers (like topic IDs) or things us forum users cannot see (like binary code for IDs and the like). I'm not sure about links but if the link is saved in the body in text form then the search function will find it. Therefore the topic number cannot be searched. It is probably a computer binary code that gets converted to "TOPIC_ID=XXXXX" for us humans and the search function will not be able to locate the raw binary version of it because we cannot type binary characters in the search field (that I know of).

I hope I've explained it correctly.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
dcowie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3207
OK - thanks. I understand that the topic id cannot be searched in the forum search. At least now I can get over feeling "dumb".
dcowie is offline   Reply With Quote