Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2004, 11:59 AM   #1
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Refrigerator fans

This topic has been around and around I have read all the posts thru search. we are having very hot days and about a week ago I defrosted my Refer and it hasent been cool sence so I
raised and lowered the plastic thing on the fins in the Frig and no better. So I put a small fan I had in the compartment door outside and pluged it in to the same as the Frig and overnight as mentioned in one of the posts, it came down to 41 Deg and freezer to 0 now Iam looking and some said there may be a fan in the unit up in the top anyone know, and can I wire another to that one ? If not Iam planing to buy two fans Powermax 120mm case fans that are 54.5 cfm each to put in the outside and one to put inside the Frig and hard wire it. will these work ok ? maybe overkill but I want my stuff cold anyone have any input on what to buy.

Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:04 PM   #2
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for sharing the above information. I will keep this in mind for the future. Happy rving...
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 02:11 PM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
OK now I am lost where is the plastic thing and what is it suppose to do??? I defrosted mine yesterday and everything is cold. I don't know what the temp. is I don't have a thermometer, I guess I had better get one so I can check this. Thank you for sharing.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 03:32 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Linda, open the fridge door and look to the top part of the fridge compartment. You should see some aluminum fins. On the far right fin you'll see the plastic thing. It slides up and down. Someone said moving that thing up on theirs made it colder. On ours that made it warmer so moving it downward made it colder in both the fridge and the freezer. Maybe different models work differently.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:14 AM   #5
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Steve, Thanks I found it but I don't think I need to move it as of yet. My refig. has stayed cold sense we got it. But is nice to know that it is there and what it does. Boy I learn something about my Montana almost every day.lol
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:57 AM   #6
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
ours is like Steve's it needs to be at the bottom for the coldest setting.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:10 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Linda, I just learned it myself from this forum. I was under the impression there's no way to adjust the temperature. We turned ours down just a little and I like the nice cold drinks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote