Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Don buy the Dodge CD

Well I went to dodge and wanted to buy a sho service manual for my 2009 Ram (all over the phone no internet) I even got to talk to a real person.

T explaned what I wanted and was told that there are no books out yet for that truck yet it is on a CD, I'm a sucker for new tecknoweagy so I bought it. 11.00 S/H for a CD wow.
I got the CD yester day and put it in the CD drive and was prompted to install adobie picture file which I did then started the program, I noticed something at the start that it was using MS Internet Explorer, which I thought funny but just put it aside and started running through the files. it was not like any manual I have ever seen before I tried to look up the rear brakes and it was a just a what if information manual on problems, no puctures showing the roters and pads. I was disapointed and closed it down so then I tried it on my lap top which will be the place where the disk will realy be when on the road, I tried to open it and it could not open because MS Internet Explorer was not on, no kidding, then it dawned on me that why I saw the MS Int Exp program running on the desk top the program needs internet access to run properly.
I called Dodge up this AM and asked those questions and they confermed what I thought. I asked them if I was in another state and I needed to work on my truck and the computer needed to be on the internet to get information, but I had no connection it would not work. she said thats right.
so to make a long story shorter I told her I will be sending the CD back and I wanted a credit to show on my C Card.
and I'm getting tired of typing
Dont buy that program.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
danandbetty
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10132
I was just on the internet trying to obtain a shop manual for my recently acquired '07 Dodge/cummins. I saw that the only think available is a CD and I balked and didn't order it thinking I'd find a Chilton's or something instead. I have continued to consider the CD purchase at the same time. thanks for the info...I'll finally scratch the CD idea. You saved me some grief...thanks much!
danandbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Hummm, I have a complete service and parts manual for my cummins dodge (2001) downloaded free from s diesel site on the net. will try and see if i can find out from whom, it was a while ago.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for the heads up, Don. In my younger days I always got a shop manual and did nearly all my own work. But these days these diesels are just too complex for me. I gave it up about the time I could no longer sit on a fender with my feet dangling inside the engine bay...

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind if I could get it for free, like Jim did.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
yah thats a great deal, to bad it is the wrong year. the CD wasnt enen a adobie file. junk!!!!