Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
srandall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7605
Water In Kitchen

We are hoping that someone has an idea for us!

We are having an issue with no water when you turn on the kitchen faucet. We thought it was just a fluke when we used our 5th wheel for vacation in May but we just used it last weekend here we go again no water in the sink.

Oddly enough if you turn on the bathroom sink and then turn on the kitchen we get water. We even found out that you can flush the toliet and then the sink works.

This is all while hooked up to a direct water supply and not using the pump. So, we should have water.

Today we went to camping world and talked to the service desk but they were clueless. Even more than we are.

Any help in possibly heading us in the right direction is appreciated

srandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I had that problem once in our old 3400RL. Once I ran water in the bedroom sink, the water started to flow in the kitchen. Only happened once. I'm thinking there was a vapor lock. Does it do it every time you turn on the kitchen faucet, or once you have run water in the bathroom it continues to work until the next camping trip?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:27 AM   #3
jaleepadgett
Established Member

M.O.C. #8402
A couple of things to check. At the kitchen sink, is it a single lever faucet? If so, move all the way to the cold side and open it up. Then move to the hot side and see if you get water. Make sure your hot water heater is full of water. Good Luck.
jaleepadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
There's another thread somewhere on this site that addresses the identical problem you're having, which I'm also having, and which several other Monty owners have had. I hope mine is being repaired as I write, because my rig is in the dealer's shop for some warranty work. We have a 2007 3585, but the other couple experiencing the problem recently had another model. Same deal--no water in the kitchen, but if you opened the bathroom faucet, the kitchen water started running. I thought it was a vapor lock, but when the dealer first checked it, he said it wasn't. Mine also started leaking water under the sink the minute the water didn't come through the faucet, althought that problem didn't develop until we'd had the "no water" problem for several months. I'll try to find that other thread and send it to you.
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #5
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Found the topic under GENERAL DISCUSSIONS, titled TWO PROBLEMS, posted by MONTANA MARTINS.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:44 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Robert and Sharon, if nothing else works, may I suggest you remove the spray faucet from its hose, then see if you can get water out the hose. If your sprayhead is like ours, the one that you push the little rubber thing on top to make it spray or another to make it stream, then there's a distinct possibility of a problem in the spray head. A year or so ago I removed ours and took it apart to clean it out but can't for the life of me remember the procedure. It wasn't too difficult and can be figured out just by studying the hardware.

In the spray head is the mechanism to switch to a spray. And there's also a disc in there to reduce the volume, if I recall. Either may have become crudded up or maybe something broke in there.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:13 AM   #7
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
That happened to me yesterday when I was getting the trailer ready for Labor Day. I had drained the whole water system a couple weeks before and when I hooked up the water I had no water at the kitchen sink so I opened up the low gravity drain valves for a minute and all was fine after that.
waldo238 is offline   Reply With Quote