Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
Freeda II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7813
Bedroom Divider (privacy)

We have the 3400RL. Trying to figure out exactly what would be the best type of divider to put up between our bed and the shower/washroom area to keep our privacy when we have company. All solutions welcome.

Freeda II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Freeda, Sharon had a great solution with a photo. I'll send her a PM and ask her to post it for you.
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:07 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Get better company???

There were some posts in the last month or so on doing just that-putting a divider door where you are talking about. I think I saw where the newer models are coming with a divider curtain (Vinyl) on a track.

Try doing a search on the word divider and see what you come up with. Maybe the original poster will post for you again here.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Was just sitting around watching Deal or No Deal, and did some searching.

You can find some information here: Privacy Curtain

Edited: Talk to your dealer. He may be able to order you one that comes with the newer trailers.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
We have a heavy slide partition on a ceiling track that is sorta like an accordion fold when it is back out of the way. I think its something like you are talking about.

I don't have a photo to show you right now but when I get the Monty back I'll try and remember to add one later.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If you want just a temporary solution that you can remove when the company leaves, we use a shower curtain rod with curtain panels. They store easily under the bed or in the closet or basement. We only use these once per year when our teenage granddaughters are with us.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:50 PM   #7
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Get better company???

Now that's gotta be one of the best answers yet.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:03 AM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
A curtain rod fits between the corner of the potty room and the wall above the BR slide. We have a decorative heavy fabric curtain the matches the BR decor. The curtain rod is tension, not permanently mounted, but will stay up when in transit. It worked satisfactorily during our teenage Grand daughter's weeks stay.

It was easy to put up and easy to take down and store away.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:58 AM   #9
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
This is just another example of the mistake Keystone made when they redesigned the bedroom/bathroom areas around 2005, and eliminated the sliding wooden doors that used to separate the bathroom and bedroom areas. Our '05 3670RL has those doors, and we use them for exactly the reason you are asking about. We know of several people who went away from owning a Montana for just that reason.

I know that this does not help you now, but I just like to make the point whenever I get the chance, just in case someone at Keystone might read it and get the message.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:17 AM   #10
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
We use the tension curtain rod and curtain panels that we got from Walmart as well. When we traded our 03 for the 2007 model we thought we would really miss the sliding wooden doors buuuut we now enjoy the very open and spacious feeling without them. We only have family with us a few times a year and store the rod and curtain in the wardrobe beside the bed.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:30 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OntMont

This is just another example of the mistake Keystone made when they redesigned the bedroom/bathroom areas around 2005, and eliminated the sliding wooden doors that used to separate the bathroom and bedroom areas. Our '05 3670RL has those doors, and we use them for exactly the reason you are asking about. We know of several people who went away from owning a Montana for just that reason.

I know that this does not help you now, but I just like to make the point whenever I get the chance, just in case someone at Keystone might read it and get the message.
The loss of the double wooden doors was a negative that could easily have pushed us to a different brand. With those doors I could arise, shave, get dressed, etc., all without waking Vicki. Now, I have to take my clothes downstairs and cannot shave until she awakens. Back when I used to rise early to go visit my Mom in a nursing home 135 miles away, I had to go without having shaved. I agree with John, those doors are a selling point for many people, us included. For those who don't want the doors, they're removable.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:39 AM   #12
krtam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7840
Freeda,

Here is the post Tammy was talking about:Privacy curtain revisited

We have found we like to leave it up even when we don't have company. As an added benefit it stays darker in the bedroom in the morning. Also, my husband can take a shower and turn on the light in the shower area. Hope this helps.

Sharon

P.S. I guess I am not smart enough to enter the post so you can go right to it(at least my computer won't in the preview). Click on search at the top of the page and enter Privacy curtain revisited in the "Search for" box, then enter subject only in the "search in" box and my post will come up.
krtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #13
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Thanks, John and Steve, you both know that we highly valued the sliding doors in our 2955RL and that we protested both to our dealer and on this forum that such a division between the bedroom and bath was an essential for us.

Let me state it positively rather than negatively: that feature was one of the things we loved about our Montana.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:15 PM   #14
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Yup...ours being of that vintage has them. I just pull the 'old wooden doors closed, works great.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:09 PM   #15
mcculloe
Established Member

M.O.C. #7259
For what it's worth, in the 3400RL the privacy curtain concept works great with the tension rod. But rather than what many others use, I bought a thick fabric shower curtain (clearance at BBBeyond) as it's length is perfect without needing to cut down curtains. Shower curtains are usually about 66-72" or so, most curtains are 84"
mcculloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:06 AM   #16
Freeda II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7813
Thanks to all who have replied to my request.
Freeda II is offline   Reply With Quote