Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2008, 01:29 AM   #1
Tiffensdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7660
stabilizers ?

Has anyone used the stabilizers that CW offers? I usually find that a CW product is more expensive and frequently not as well made as similar items I find on the open market. I was looking at the JT Stabilizers that have been mentioned here and saw these this weekend and am curious as to how they compare.

Tiffensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:07 AM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I checked out the CW stabilizers last time there and they seemed to be lighter weight but pretty much an exact copy of the JTs. I bought my JT's before I got the new Big Sky and installed them as soon as the new rig showed up. Fairly easy install and very good instructions. If you get the JTs you will notice right away that the box they come in is WAY HEAVY, about 75#. These things are bullet proof.. The ones I saw at CW were not nearly as heavy... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:00 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
In my opinion, it is not necessary to have stabilizers heavy to do the job well. The load is on the landing gear not the stabilizers. I have another brand and they work as advertized. I installed them myself.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:35 AM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Unless somebody has done a side to side comparison on the same rigs, I don't think you can get a qualified opinion on how much more effective one is over the other. Kind of like which pin box works the best - they all improve, but unless you try each one on your rig you will never know which one is better.

With that - I would just look for customer service, availability, and quality of work. I think the concepts are pretty much the same.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:42 AM   #5
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
I installed the JT's and got them straight from JT because of the Camping World pricing. Loved them, and the service was exceptional.
JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote