Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Bedsavers with Pull-Rite 16K Super Glide Hitch?

A question for those who have the Pull-Rite 16K Super Glide Hitch. Do any of you have bedsavers which are currently installed with this hitch? If so, who is the manufacturer? I have been talking with the folks at Blue Ox who have been most helpful. However, they do not currently have a bedsaver to fit the 16K. One is available for the 15.5 K but obviously won't help me. I am told by the engineering staff at Blue Ox that a 16K model is in the works and should be available sometime after early March.

Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Bill, The Pullrite Superglide hitch has a positive locking mechanism and therefore will not accidentily slip out of the lock. For this very reason Bed Savers are not made for nor necessary with the Superglide. I would suggest that you call Pullrite Toll Free 877-PULLRITE and have them explain their hitches or the next time we again meet I will be only too happy to show exactly how a Pullrite locking mechanism works and you will better understand.

BTW-While you have them on the phone ask for their free video.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:20 PM   #3
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Well dad-blast and gee willikers--what WAS I thinking and what IS Blue Ox doing making a bedsaver for the 16K? Guess I need to do a little more research here. Sometimes we can get a tad overzealous in the safety department. The last weekend we were out this fall we met a fellow who had just dropped his Monty on his truck bed to the tune of $6,000+. That sight has haunted me all winter. Thanks Glenn--I'll do a bit more reading before I go into panic mode.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote