Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2006, 12:43 PM   #1
RLVoumard
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6034
PDI on 319BHD

Completed my PDI on our 07 310BHD today. Mostly minor items that should be easy to correct. I’m sure the SHAKEDOWN TRIP will reveal some additional squawks.

The dealer was very cooperative as I spent 2-3 hours top to bottom………..

Can someone help with the following questions:

How can the LP tanks be monitored ( some type of gauge on the tanks ? )

Seems that the back AC vent has the least amount of VOLUME . just the nature of the system ( so I was told )

I’ll get the OFFICIAL PDI from the dealer tomorrow.

Thanks to all

RLVoumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
There's probably a better way, but here's what I do:

Use the auto change over...so when the first tank runs out, the second automatically starts, then I go get the first one filled. Monitor the second with the magnetic strip you put on the side of the tank and pour hot water on. And, of course, put the newly filled tank back in and start over with the auto change over.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:39 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations! I have an inside propane out indicator that flashes a light when the red flag goes up on the regulator. Works great. I got it online at the now defunct Campers Choice. Camping World bought them out and does not offer this item. Someone very recently found one on ebay so that's a possibility. I paid $38 and tax for it. Sure beats going outside and having to remember to check the flag.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'03 3295RK
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:08 AM   #4
TOM F
Established Member

M.O.C. #5959
I have the exact same unit. If you mean the rear A/C vent in the bunk house having low flow, mine cools the area quit well. so have it check for obstructions or a loose duct. With out buying a after market LP monitor you have to look at the on tank gauge to see if you are empty. One other thing to check is the furnace. This unit had a problem with no air flow to the front bedroom from the floor vent. Keystone did make a change to correct the problem but it depends on when your unit was manufactured. Keystone had to add closable vents to the bunkhouse and kitchen floor vent to force more air up front. Enjoy your new rig, I am very happy with ours so far. All problems are the ussaul adjustments and quality control problems plaguing all manufactures.
TOM F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:37 AM   #5
RLVoumard
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6034
Tom,

Thanks for the POST......The BUNK seems to be OK, but the bedroom is another story...very poor air flow from the A/C have not tested the HEAT..will do that today. I did not notice if the vents were closeable. Our build date is AUG 2, so we should have the latest from KEYSTONE.

RLVoumard is offline   Reply With Quote