Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2006, 04:55 PM   #21
Montana_3032
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3032
All of ya'll have been great a being EVIL this remote will go thru all the torture suggested (expect for the 'vacation' )

And I guess it was a good thing I posted this. Thanks for the info on getting the 'correct' thermostat...I was ready to go buy any ole remote...and I had told hubby I read that it was easy and we could just go get one (oops )

Montana_3032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:50 PM   #22
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Wrenchtraveller is my kind of guy execpt we have a 5 pound hammer.It will feel better if you scream...TAKE THAT.... AND THIS ...FOOL WITH ME WILL YOU..
Darn it Rich, you always one up me, I have a four pounder, you have a five pounder............sheesh, I also have a six pounder and a big 8 pound soft hammer , just felt they might be an overkill on the tiny remote.
How is the V10 moving the load?.... and I hope you guys are having a great time with your new Montana. Take care, Wrenchtraveller.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:20 AM   #23
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
I for one have been a little taken back by this thread. It kinda scares me that I am associating with so many people that has all these evil thoughts about a poor little ole remote theromostat that doesn't work quite right. Maybe it is because my unit did not come with one of these so-called monsters that I may be missing something here.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 07:41 AM   #24
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Indy,

Try saying that you're satisfied with such a remote, and feel that going to a manual system seems like a huge step backward, and see what happens to the level of discourse!

Woo!

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:47 AM   #25
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Well Gyro, I guess I am a little "back woodsy" here as I have never had the experience of a remote thermostat even at my stick house. Our 5vr has the standard thermostat just like the house where you get up, set the temperature, set high, medium or low fan or automatic and forget it. Guess I am kinda spoiled. We pull in, hook up the electric set thermostat and go about our business - some times we make an adjustment before we go to bed.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:14 AM   #26
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Indy,

Our first Monty had that. It was fine, since we knew nothing else. (Our brick and stick home had three zones and normal thermostats, as well.)

When we got the newer Monty, it had the remote. I just enjoy not having to get up and tweak the thermostat when I feel hot or cold. And even if I had one of those CCCs, (I have one, but it's been stored in my basement until I have what I deem a real problem with this remote one,) I'd have to get up to adjust it, God knows how many times a day, as conditions change, and I again feel hot or cold.

Maybe it's because we suffer from frequent "Dog Block," here...Where the two Golden Retrievers are parked between us and any place we want to move to that makes this remote control so very welcome.

As long as you enjoy what you have, that's cool. (Or hot. Or average. However the thermostat's set.)

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:28 AM   #27
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
BURN IT UP at next campfire, like on a rotisary, a slow cook, in front of all your guest and friends, simular to a beheading, also have his replacement present, so it also understands what happens to equiptment that fails to meet your standards. Ba Da Boom.