Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2006, 03:05 PM   #1
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Most Important Thing You Forgot

We're about to leave on an 8 month adventure in the Montana. The last time you left from your stick house, what was the most important thing you forgot to bring along.

virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
It was not the last time I left the stick house, but once I left my billfold on the dresser.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
A space heater! We were stuck in Denali in Alaska for eleven days and didn't know how long our propane would last or where we could get a tank filled and we had no truck. We didn't exactly forget a space heater. They just don't sell them in Alabama in June.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #4
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We forgot our towing mirrors. We got to the end of our road and had to turn around to go home and get them. Not easy without towing mirrors. We carry them in the truck tool box now. Another time we again forgot them but stopped and got them from the tool box.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:25 AM   #5
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Dusty, the potential of forgetting towing mirrors is why I like the telescoping ones on the Ford Super Duties. When towing our old Prowler, I too forgot mine once.

Forgetting my camera last July, however, is perhaps the saddest one. Our cat who passed away on August went camping with us the first time then--we knew he was not well and did not want to leave him behind--and Marsha and I would now love to have pictures of him looking out the window in the bedroom or in one of the chairs at the kitchen table, staring out the large window there.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:18 AM   #6
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
My Wife, for about 25 seconds, until I said "clear right" and there was no one sitting there!!!! She's my extra eyes and a first class navigator.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:47 AM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Maybe for those of you who worry about forgetting things could make use of a "Monty Stock List" like I use. It is kind of like the checkoff list for hooking and unhooking. I even include the things we normally leave in the Monty just to make sure they are still there. I don't have spouse on the list though, Rick! Maybe I should add that!LOL
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:56 AM   #8
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Well, I hooked up the TT, everything was set; we pulled out and got on the road. Arriving at our destination (Hilton Head, SC), I proceeded to unhook the TT until I went to disconnect the load leveling bars and…YES I had left the small pipe/handle used to release the tension chains back at the house. It was not pretty. I must have asked at least 50 other campers if they had something that would work that I could borrow. I felt like I was back in the Boy Scouts when we use to send the new members out asking other campers if they had a left handed smoke bender they could use. Well, that was not all we had left home on that trip. After FINALLY being able to completely unhook I went to hook up the sewer line…I carry my sewer hoses and connectors in a small Rubbermaid container and YES you got it…it was still back in Merritt Island. So, we had to make a trip to the nearest Home Depot for a length of pipe to use on the load levelers and then an RV supply house run (Wal Mart) for a RV sewer hose. Now my wife is the one that goes through the check list, not me – and both items are now on the list.

God Bless America
Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:57 AM   #9
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
I forgot to carry out my wife's suitcase, so she only had the clothes on her back. We didn't discover that until about 200 miles down the road. So Wal-Mart here we come! She got a whole new summer wardrobe. Second time: I forgot our meds. What a mess to try to get refills from 500 miles away. This is way a list and two minds are the best packing.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:05 AM   #10
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Back in the days I had a TT I carried my boat on the top of the camper shell. Well I drove all the way to Silver Lake and realized I did not have the new boat tags. Had to take a trip to Lake Tahoe to get replacement tags. Another time I forgot the wheels for the back of the boat to tow it to and from the lake, that was not to bad as I just unloaded it at the waters edge and loaded it again from there. Both items went on the check list.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:26 AM   #11
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Well, this is a little different, but I could not pass up this opportunity to share this funny happening with all of you. Actually, we were on our way home, when I was forgotten....in our bathroom...LOL!
It is really something when your husband doesn't listen to you when you tell him something important...like, "Honey when you stop for diesel, I will go to the bathroom. Well, without going into too much detail, the trailer started moving while in the bathroom....I tried to get to the door....but, couldn't reach the steps...and "you got it".....he rounded the corner of the gas tanks and "wham", there goes the steps. This has been one of the stories that I have shared with many of our friends...
David said, "I didn't know that you were going in the trailer". Well, you men might take heed to this....you wouldn't want to go off and leave your wife someplace and discover later....and wonder, where is she.??
Countrygirl or Shirley
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:57 AM   #12
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
The only thing (so far) I have forgotten to do when leaving for a trip is to close the garage door. I had been on the road for approx. 45 mins and the cell phone rang. It was my neighbor across the street calling to ask I had left for good or was I coming back in a few mins? I said no, I am already 50 miles away and wont be back for 2 weeks. This neighbor was watching my house and getting the mail for me, and she said well you might want to turn around and come close your garage door. Nothing like having to find an exit, turn around, go back an hour, work your way through the traffic all to just close the garage door. Well I now have a check list and that is now on it. It was a good thing I ended up going back as I had found the pop, and beer sitting against the wall in the garage. That was supposed to be in the basement of the rv, all was not a complete loss. =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #13
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
We left on a trip and had reservations for full hook-ups at a campground. Not too many times we camp with full-hookups and we were excited.

What we forgot? The basket with the power cord and the tv antenna cable.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:35 AM   #14
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Usually it is stuff like clothes, or food items, once it was the bbq grill (shame Al had to take me out to eat-snicker), this trip, I cannot find my really good dog trimmers, too expensive to replace, making do with other sub-standard ones, yorks and mom are not thrilled. Even went through most of the cupboards and closets and cubby holes, cannot find em, (good part of the search, I cleaned and organized stuff) Son at home says he did not see them there. They are gonna show up here, I just know it, on April 1st when we leave! HA HA. I know, not a tragedy, just an example, of, if it can be left behind, someone will leave it on some trip!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote