Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2006, 11:01 AM   #21
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Betty,
I think the real question is are you happy with your price? It is up to each person to make the best deal that they feel comfortable with. At the end of the day each of us are the ones who has to sleep at night with our purchase price/decision. I know I could have saved $2,000 on my 3400RL from a dealership that was 600 miles away but my dealership has been outstanding and has gone above and beyond in every aspect of my rv'ing experience. By the time I added $300 for the fuel and hotel expense it was just not worth it, and my dealership has saved me more than the $1700 in parts, and accessories that I have had installed. I hope you have many, many happy miles ahead in your new 2955RL!

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:11 PM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I would suggest that even if one intends to buy a new Montana off a dealer's lot that they ask for a copy of an order form. That form will show the base price and the cost of all options and required options. I think it also shows the delivery charge but I may be wrong about that. That's about the only way I know to get an MSRP. I would not recommend starting negotiations on a Montana sitting on the lot before getting hold of this MSRP information. Also, I've heard different dealers have different amounts on that form but that may be incorrect. The one we have from back in 2002 appears to be from Keystone but the dealer may have filled in the numbers.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:45 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Member couchescampers put out a MSVRP list in Jan 06. A search will probably find it.We put out 14 bids across the country recently and we always asked for the MSVRP.They varied widely..However the one MOST used was the one that Couchescampers published.Since the bids were from all over the country I thought it to be an amazing coincidence that several were exactly the same so I drew the conclusion that although Montana says they do not publish a official MSVRP listing they do provide a suggested MSVRP listing. I used that listing as my official guide in pricing the unit we ordered and did get 31.2% off the MSVRP.One dealer may give you 30% off a MSVRP of 58K..another 14% off a MSVRP of 47K for the same unit....same deal.

MSVRP is a elusive number.Bottom line ..if you are happy with the deal..it is a good deal...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote