Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2006, 11:55 PM   #1
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Our Monty is gone:

Jeanne's back bothered her considerably after packing and/or unpacking it so she decided to sell it. Put it on consignment with a dealer near us and the second looker bought it. Now that she's changed drs. and meds she kind of regrets selling. I kinda think there will be another in the relatively near future. I have her leaning towards either a 2980RL or a 3075RL. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, I'll stay here and harass Ford and Chevt/GM owners.

Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:50 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Guess it sort of evens out...You sold one we bought one..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:33 AM   #3
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Bob,
I can sympathize with Jeanne. Loading and unloading is a real pain and usually in the back. For us, it typically turns into a two day ordeal when we leave for the summer and maybe 3 unpacking when we get back in the fall. When we are on the road it takes about an hour to load up for each day we stayed somewhere.

We enjoy your posts so hope you stick around. Good luck to Jeanne and here's to another Monty real soon.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:13 AM   #4
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I have sold and traded in quite a few RVs over the last 32 years and you always have a few regrets the next day. I think because you have so many happy memories tied up with an RV, when you do get rid of it, it takes an adjustment , kind of like having a good friend move away.

Only once in the last 32 years were we without an RV and I didn't like the feeling. An RV is like a spare house. No spare, no feeling of security.

Good luck and hope your wife's back improves. Take care, Don.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:17 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Glad you got to accomplish whatever was necessary. Just go fulltime and you don't have to load/unload it. Back pain can be soooo miserable. Remember, life is an adventure unfolding. Hope you can get excited about whatever is in your future. Keep in touch...
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:54 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Glad you're going to stay around and harass those 'other' guys. With that nice Dodge, I sure hope it works out that you can get another Montana, especially since it would mean Jeanne's back is better.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:47 AM   #7
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Good luck Bob and Jeane,

I know what you mean about packing. But since we have the Monty right here at our doorstep it is easier. We always have power applied to it so we can keep it fresh and clean. If I had to travel to a storage area to pack we might feel like you do because we are getting up there in years. Hope you stay with us in the MOC.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:32 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bob and Jeanne
We are going to miss you if you go away. We so enjoyed being with you at the Shasta Rally. I hope Jeanne's back improves and you get another Monty.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:57 AM   #9
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
The main thing is Jeanne`s back is feeling better.A change of doctors can be the difference in feeling alot better.Rv`s come and go but you only have 1 back.Happy shes doing better.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:53 AM   #10
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Sorry to hear about selling your Montana, but it is good that if you had to sell that things went quickly. Marsha and I were equally fortunate last year when we sold the Prowler, but, of course, there was a Montana also sitting in the yard. Hope you have another in the future and that Jeanne's back improves either way.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:03 PM   #11
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Bob,
My feelings are with you, Rita just had back surgury and I asked her if she wanted to discontine or sell the 5er. She told me if she had to crawl into it on her hands anknees she didnt want to get rid of her baby. That made me happy to hear that.
The best of luck to you and will keep your wife in our prayers, I hope you can get another Monty.

Bill & Rita
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:18 PM   #12
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Jeanne,
Sorry to hear things are not going well for you right now. Hope you have a quick recovery and will be able to get another Montana in the future.

Bob,
I do enjoy all the information and suggestions you have brought to the MOC. Hope you will stay around as you have alot to contribute to this group. Plus what would it be like if us Chevy guys did not get a little "flack" from a Dodge guy? =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote