Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
Montana_4359

M.O.C. #4359
Towing Insurance

Was looking at Good Neighbor Sams for their towing service since we have a 3295 Montana and 250 Ford Diesel truck. Does anyone have an opinion on towing Insurance (opinion in this group!! haha) Love to hear from you.

Why cannot we search on a topic and see what has been posted before.

Thanks for any replies.

Montana_4359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have Coach-Net roadside service which covers everything from out of fuel to towing, tire repair ect. In my opinion I would not be without it when it comes to the coach and truck. Coach-Net covers all my vehicles as well as the rv and boat traiers. No deductable, no limits on how many time I can use them. Was worth every penny in my opinion.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #3
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
bsbear22,
Have you tried the "Search" feature? In the upper right hand corner of the page you'll see a list of features one of which is "Search".

RVWheels/Admin MOC
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We have had Good Sam's Emergency Road Service for many years and wouldn't be without it. They've come through for us several times, were prompt, checked with us while we waited (we were 50 miles from a town) and spent a lot of time getting us back on the road. And twice it was 104 degrees!
Happy trails............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:27 PM   #5
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We have the Good Sam ERS and have been really pleased. They even came and pulled me out of my own front yard! Wouldn't leave home without it. I don't want to change any tires on the side of the road.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:29 AM   #6
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
We have had the Good Sam service for several years. Used it once to pull my truck out of a mudhole (wasn't towing) and once to change a flat on the 5ver. Got real good service both times. They will even bring you fuel if you run out, but you need to be sure not to overuse it. If they think you are abusing it they will cancel or not renew the coverage.
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:58 AM   #7
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Have Good Sams . Had to use it only once on my truck without the 5vr. Got stuck way, way off the road cutting firewood.Customer service gal let me know what service company was coming and about how long it would take them to arrive.Called me back a few hours later to see if I was back on the road. Great service.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:02 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome bsbear22 to the MOC Family.

I gotta go with the rest...

Good Sam is the way to go.

Good Sam Emergency Road Service
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:34 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There are several good ones out there. We have used Good Sams and now allstate.Get one that covers all your vehicles. It is a service that is really needed. Example.Allstate motor club arranged to have our entire 32 foot TT loaded onto a flat bed and delivered to a repair facility.It was arranged in 1/2 hour..make sure the club you choose can do something like that.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:53 AM   #10
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
We have Camping World Roadcare Service. Good Sam ERS and Camping World Roadcare Service are pretty comparable and at the same price, 89.95 a year. One towing and it's paid for.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 05:25 AM   #11
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
I also have had Good Sam's service in Oregon as well as New Mexico and it is terrific, I highly recommend it.

Bill DeMeulle
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:44 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We have Good Sam Emergency Road Service and are very pleased with it. On January 2nd of this year we had a blowout on yet another Goodyear Marathon tire (those are soon to be history on this Montana). First thing the ERS folks asked is whether we are in a safe location and out of danger. Next was whether there was any damage. They had some trouble finding an available service on that holiday, especially since we were an hour north of Oklahoma City on I-35, in the area where many of those fires were. All services available were busy servicing the firetrucks. However, they did locate one and conference called to make sure we got taken care of. Arrangements were made and the tire got changed. I normally change these myself but this time we were on the shoulder of a busy interstate, on an angle, and every 18-wheeler that went by without moving over rocked us pretty good. No way would the rig stay on the bottle jack I would have used. I was very glad to have ERS. I will not travel without it for any serious distance.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 05:32 PM   #13
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
I carry Good Sam ERS at the present time.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:47 AM   #14
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I have CAA British Columbia Premier RV plan and another bonus these plans have is they will tow you to a dealer of your choice up to 150 miles away. With the tow plan that Ford warranty provides they will only tow you to the nearest dealer. So far my 05 V10 has never needed towing but my 04 PSD was on the back of 4 different haul trucks in the short 10 month period I suffered with it and if you ever have to deal with Ford's tow plan, it is a nightmare. I had to deal with a person that barely spoke english, waited for 2 1/2 hours in freezing weather. Brrrrrrrrrrr. I still shiver thinking about it.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote