Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2006, 09:06 AM   #1
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
HELP-Need Hauler to Ocala Florida

Hi Everyone,
Long time no talk or should I say post??? I need some help and didn't know where else to turn, and then I thought of my buddies here.

I need to get my goose neck horse trailer from Michigan down to Ocala Florida, no horses in it, just hay and my golf cart. The dates are Feb 5th-March 12th. My husband and I usually handle this task, one would take the horses and one would take the camper, but my husband is ill and not able to make the journey. So by some slim chance any of you are heading that way with your truck and would like to make a few bucks please let me know either via PM or POST IT HERE so my post will stay current or click on my e-mail icon and write me.

I really appreicate any input whatsoever. I called to get a price on buying our hay and renting a golf cart while there and it is unbelievable. I myslef am flying right back home to be with my husband and leaving my very spoiled 19 year old down there to horse show for 5 sunshine blessed weeks.

Take care
Sue

Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sue, I can't help with the hauling but our prayers will be for your husband's fast recovery. Nice to see you on the forum again.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Sue
Good to hear from you - you have been missed - but I'm sorry for the bad news. Our prayers will be with you and your husband. Hope you find someone to help you. Keep us posted on progress.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:56 PM   #4
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Sue, let me see if there is something I can do and if there is any way Lippert can help. I do not have a goose-neck plate but, I may know where I can find one that will fit the rails for my 5th wheel (Reese) in my truck.

If I understand correctly, you need the trailer down there on the 5th of Feb, correct?

I won't be in the office today but, let me see what I can arrange. If there is someone else on this thread at this point that can make more of a definate commitment, go right ahead and do so. It will make a good weekend trip if I can in fact do something.

Dale
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:05 AM   #5
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MIMF2

Sue, let me see if there is something I can do and if there is any way Lippert can help. I do not have a goose-neck plate but, I may know where I can find one that will fit the rails for my 5th wheel (Reese) in my truck.

If I understand correctly, you need the trailer down there on the 5th of Feb, correct?

I won't be in the office today but, let me see what I can arrange. If there is someone else on this thread at this point that can make more of a definate commitment, go right ahead and do so. It will make a good weekend trip if I can in fact do something.

Dale
That is so nice Dale. The 5th of Feb is when we leave with the horses, so give or take a day or so. Then we turn around and head home March 12th so the trailer won't have the hay in it, just my golf cart. I have the plate that would fit any reese rails. Are you saying you would do this just because I need help?? or are you heading that way?? Thank you so much for your consideration but I really don't want you going out of your way and appreciate your thoughtfullness.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:07 AM   #6
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

Sue
Good to hear from you - you have been missed - but I'm sorry for the bad news. Our prayers will be with you and your husband. Hope you find someone to help you. Keep us posted on progress.
Happy trails.....................
Hi Sue Rowe,
Thank you for your kind words and prayers. I need em
Old 01-05-2006, 06:08 AM   #7
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

Sue, I can't help with the hauling but our prayers will be for your husband's fast recovery. Nice to see you on the forum again.
Thanks,
I should post more often.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:59 AM   #8
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Sue,

I'm saying I would do it because a fellow MOCer needs help. I am willing to donate the time and truck to get what you need down there to Ocala if we kind find help with the fuel. Maybe other MOC members will help. I would then be willing to donate whatever is left over to the operation to the forum. I'm not sure yet how I could work it to bring it back. Maybe other members have a better idea.

Let's cross our fingers.

Dale
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:11 PM   #9
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MIMF2

Sue,

I'm saying I would do it because a fellow MOCer needs help. I am willing to donate the time and truck to get what you need down there to Ocala if we kind find help with the fuel. Maybe other MOC members will help. I would then be willing to donate whatever is left over to the operation to the forum. I'm not sure yet how I could work it to bring it back. Maybe other members have a better idea.

Let's cross our fingers.

Dale
Dale,
You must be the sweetest guy I've met in a while (sorry other guys our there) I would pay the gas no problem and pay you for your time, if in fact this is something you could swing for me. I do have the word out there to all my horse buddies also. I will check back on this posts to see if there are any more solutions.

I REALLY APPRECIATE any idea's. To rent a golf cart for the time we are done there is $1995.00 for the 5 weeks and then the hay to buy was $12.00 a bail last year, and my trainer pays $4.00 a bail here, so we would need to take at least 60 bails, so as you can see it is very expensive not to bring your own.

Thanks again.
LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's illness, Sue. Please know our prayers are with the both of you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #11
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's illness, Sue. Please know our prayers are with the both of you.
Thanks Steve,

Just a little bump kinda to see if anyone else has any idea's or suggestions.
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #12
Montana_3956
Established Member

M.O.C. #3956
I wonder if you've thought about a driver to drive your vehicle to Ocala, assumimg your rig is with you. Plane tickets aren't that expensive.
Bill
Montana_3956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:14 AM   #13
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KC4KM

I wonder if you've thought about a driver to drive your vehicle to Ocala, assumimg your rig is with you. Plane tickets aren't that expensive.
Bill
Yes I have, my husband is actually the one who suggested that (bless his heart). He feels really bad that all of this is a burden on me. I have a call into my local dealer to see if anyone there can help. So yes, I even have the truck and would pay someone's air fare home.

All of this is so overwhelming. Thanks for all the wonderful idea's and suggestions.

Sue
Old 01-09-2006, 03:26 AM   #14
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
I just heard back from our local dealer here in Michigan. They don't have any drivers so to speak. The manufactures of the types of campers/RV's they sell have their own drivers that bring the rigs to them, so no one from the actual dealership does the driving.

Does anyone think it would be worth my while to contact Keystone? I think I'm beating a dead bush. I mean what are the chances that they can drive my trailer to Florida, have one to bring back and then how do I get my trailer back home???

Sorry, I know this is probably not worthy of MOC space.