Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2009, 02:43 AM   #1
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Winter storage

Getting ready to embalm Monty with the pink stuff for the Indiana winter and I have a question about this process. I removed the water heater anode rod and drained the tank and I have the by-pass valve for the water heater turned on. Now for the big question. When I hook up the hose to the winterizer input and pump the pink stuff through the lines should I also turn the by-pass off for the water heater to get some pink stuff from the Docking station manifold to the lines going to the water heater? I know antifreeze is not good for water heater but after lines are charged I could flush tank since anoide rod is out. This got me to thinking because one year I didn't turn the outside faucet on in the docking bay to charge those lines and it cost me a faucet that year. I lucked out on the Washer and dryer hookup. Completely forget about them but for some reason they didn't freeze.

indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:08 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I have never done that, and have suffered no consequences from it. I believe the lines would drain when the water does from the hot water heater, but don't know that to be fact. I still have to go to the rig in storage and blow the black tank flush out with air, since I forgot to do that part.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Straight from the factory: http://www.keystonerv.com/?page=video_library
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote